Chapter 34

The rest of the week went by smoothly, I haven't seen much of Tyler since we broke up though, but its nothing bothersome. What's bothering me is the fact that Nathan hasn't also been around and for some reasons it feels like he's avoiding me.

I called Nat immediately I went to my room that night and told her what happened, she said it on our group chat and we all talked and joked about it.

The weather hasn't been so good lately, it's been pouring heavily more frequently, which is probably because winter's coming. It doesn't help at all because I end up thinking of Nathan whenever it rains. Not like I don't do it other times, it's just unbearable when it rains.

I wonder what he's doing now.

"Arghh the nerve of this guy!" Ray says angrily, dropping her phone down on her desk which catches my attention.

"Was that Peyton?" Natalie asks, getting up from the bed and sitting properly.

"Yes, he cut the call on me. He's being so stubborn!" She replies,

"The other time you cried now this, is he cheating on you?" I ask turning so I could lay facing them.

"She cried?" Natalie asks and I nod.

"No, it's nothing like that." Ray defends,

"What's happening Ray? Tell us." Natalie says,

"It's nothing, it's not about us, it's his family issues, and I shouldn't involve myself." Ray replies.

"That only shows how much you care," I tell her, softly reaching out to pat gently her on hand.

"But isn't this Peyton guy too suspicious, who doesn't want to meet their girlfriend's best friends? At least just once," Natalie speaks up.

"It's not like he doesn't want to meet you guys, he's just always busy." Ray defends him again.

"Let's try to be rational, if we were in your shoes, you would have gone into investigation." I laugh, "The things you tolerate for love." I roll my eyes.

"Talking from experience?" Ray jokes, and I roll my eyes again.

"What if he's a ghost?" Natalie suggests,

"What?" We say at the same time,

"Yes, you've never heard of stories where a person dies but remains on earth and continues their lifes elsewhere, then avoids every other person from their past lives?" She continues,

"Can't believe I'm listening to this." I say and go back to my phone.

"He's not dead!" Ray retorts,

"I bet he's your family member Ash," She continues totally ignoring Ray.

"Why does he have to be from my family?" I ask laughing.

"I don't know, just think deep about it, you might just remember something." She replies and winks at me, and I shake my head in dismissal.

"Nobody's thinking about anything Natalie." Ray says in a more serious note than usual,

"Ouuu, Ray's getting worked up." Natalie jokes,

"Natalie that's enough" I say pushing her to the bed and she laughs it off, and I give Ray a friendly smile.

"Zyaire Ray Sarah!" We hear a voice call out,

Nathan!

"Stop calling my name like you gave it to me, and this isn't your house so keep it down!" Ray screams when she gets to the door, then chuckles.