Chapter 23

I woke up this morning rather excited that I have to go to school today.

Why?
Because of Nathan.
I've definitely lost my mind.

Snap out it!

I shake my head as if shaking the thoughts away. My mum had to give me a massage yesterday because my whole body ached, I didn't even do muck work.

"Master Myers is here." Mr Carter informs me then takes his leave.

He walks in then takes the sit beside me, "I'm hungry." He says as his eyes move from me to my bowl of cornflakes. Without waiting for my reaction, he pours cornflakes down into my bowl.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I watch him add milk into the bowl.

"I'm making breakfast." He says plainly.

"In my bowl?" I ask arching an eyebrow.

"What? Can't eat from the same bowl with me?" he asks wriggling his eyebrows.

I can, what's the big deal?

"Didn't you eat this morning?" I ask, dipping my spoon into the bowl and scooping out soaked cornflakes.

"I was too excited to come see you this morning that I forgot to eat, but seeing your face now, has drained everything down and now I'm hungry." He explains.

"Awww!" I coo and laugh after.

Few days ago I couldn't stand him and now, we're eating from the same bowl.

He's so childish, sometimes he'll hit my spoon and laugh. He even made me spill milk on my dress which made me go change again.

After our breakfast we leave to head for school. On the way, I notice that it isn't the way to school "Where are we going?" I ask,

"This is my way of apologizing to you for getting you into detention," He pauses "Not that I regret it." He continues,

I guess I'm not the only one.

"You're going to get us into more days of detention." I say knowing fully well that I love the idea.

"That'll be great too." He smiles, looking at me, then back to the road.

I slap his arm and he shrieks in pain "Ouch!"

"Stop being so dramatic, you already said my palm were like that of a baby." I say, then mentally slap myself.

I need to get rid of this mouth.

He smirks "You're so attentive."

Yeah whatever.

He doesn't tell me where we're going though, even after many bickering. We arrive at a small blue building, with a very simple design, just a door and glass windows.

Are Arcades always this plain?

"Are you coming or what?" Nathan asks as he opens my door for me.

"It's my first time at an arcade." I say stepping out of his car.

"Are you serious?" He asks, I don't say anything but nod, "Well there's always a first." He continues.

"I don't have a card." I say as I follow him in then he flashes me two cards.

"Way ahead of you." He says then smiles.

When we enter through the door I'm amazed by what I see, there are so many colorful games of different shape at every corner and the place is huge and cold.