Ch4

TW: abuse, rape

"This can't be real! Meredith!" Amelia said sobbing.

"What do we do? We need to call the police now!" Mark said loudly. "We need to find Meredith!"

"I - I just - I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through right now. What if he's hurting her even more now?" Amelia said sobbing and Addison nodded her head in agreement.

"I'm calling the police." Derek said and took his phone out of his pocket. He dials 911 and a dispatcher answers on the first ring.

"911, how can I help you?"

"My friend has been kidnapped and the kidnapper just sent us pictures of her all bloody. You need to send the police to find her!" Derek tells the dispatcher.

"Okay calm down. Let me get some information from you. When did she go missing?"

Derek gives her all of the information she needs and she tells him that she is sending the police to his location right now. He tells her thank you and hangs up.

"Police will be here soon." Derek tells his sister and friends.

Ten minutes later the police arrive. They get the necessary information and Derek gives them a recent picture of Meredith. The police are shown the picture of Meredith all beaten up and bloody.

"So you said she was last seen at Joe's bar?" The police officer asks.

"That's what we're thinking. She was with her best friend and she left Joe's to come here for dinner but never showed up." Mark answered.

"What is her friend's name? We will need to talk to her also."

"Cristina Yang." Amelia says.

"Thank you. Now that we have all of the information we need we are going to go over to Joe's Bar and see if there's any evidence that got left behind." The officer told them.

"I'm coming to help." Derek said. His friends nodded in agreement.

The officer agrees.

On the way to Joe's, Amelia calls Cristina to update her and she says she will come to Joe's and help them also.

They get to Joe's and Cristina is already there waiting for them.

Because it is a crime scene the police rope off the area with police tape. Everyone starts looking for anything that could help them find Meredith.

"What are we looking for?" Cristina asks.

"Anything. Anything she may have dropped or... blood." Addison answers.

Cristina nods sadly and starts searching.

"I found something!" Mark yells. Everyone rushes over to him to see what he found.

"Her phone!" Amelia yells. "And her purse!"

Meredith's purse and phone are laying in the alley in between Joe's and the hospital.

The police quickly bag these two items as evidence.

"We are going to turn these two items into forensics and see if they can get any fingerprints off of them. This is officially a kidnapping." The police officer says.

Even though Meredith's friends already knew she was kidnapped, to hear the police officially declare it a kidnapping was very hard for them to hear. Amelia and Addison both broke down in tears while the others tried to stay strong.

————————————————————

Meanwhile, Meredith is hiding in the corner of the basement. She is terrified of her kidnapper. She is so scared that he will hurt her every time he comes downstairs to see her. And so far, that is exactly what has happened.