Ch18

Bailey comes into Meredith's hospital room pushing a cart of medical supplies. Bailey sees that Meredith is sound asleep. She sighs knowing this won't be an easy task.

Meredith is still not eating like she's supposed to. She is still only eating a tiny bit of food out of one meal. Whenever anyone tries to get her to eat more she just says that's all she's allowed to eat. That's all Finn will let her eat.

So because of this, Meredith has lost more weight and is even more underweight now. Bailey decided enough is enough and said Meredith is getting a feeding tube and will get food that way while slowly working back up to eating normally.

Bailey walks over to Meredith sleeping in bed. Just seeing Meredith's extremely short hair makes Bailey want to cry. She can't wait until it grows out and looks like Meredith's hair again.

"Meredith?" Bailey says softly, gently shaking the sleeping girl. "Wake up for me sweetie."

"Nooo." Meredith groans.

"Mer, I need you to wake up." Bailey said. She sees Amelia walking past the room and looking inside at Meredith sleeping. She figures Amelia will be a good help. "Dr Shepherd! Come here please." Bailey calls out.

Amelia comes into the room and smiles at a still sleeping Meredith. "What do you need Dr Bailey?" She asks.

"First I need Meredith to wake up but after that I need to insert a feeding tube in her. She's losing too much weight even after we've gotten her back." Bailey explains.

Amelia nods. She gently rubs Meredith's shoulder. "Mer, wake up for me."

"Amy?" Meredith says sleepily.

"That's right. It's Amy. Can you wake up please?"

Meredith slowly opens up her eyes and smiles sleepily at Amelia. This is the first time she's seen Amelia since she's been rescued.

"Amelia!" Meredith cries out happily.

"Hey sweetie, it's so good to see you!" Amelia gives Meredith a big hug.

Bailey is moving stuff around on the cart, getting everything ready. Meredith notices and looks scared.

"Amy? What's that?" She asks fearfully.

"Mer, we need to put a feeding tube in you. You're still losing weight, even though you've been rescued. We can't have your weight slipping any more. Your weight is dangerously low." Amelia tells her.

"I can't help it! Finn says I'm not allowed to eat much. And he would only give me teeny tiny meals so I'm not used to eating the meals here. I'm trying!" Meredith says, starting to cry.

"We know Mer. This will help you. We'll still have you trying to eat your meals while you have the tube feeding at the same time. This way you won't lose any more weight and it'll help you to get the needed weight gain." Bailey says comforting her intern. "Do you understand Mer? We need to insert a feeding tube into you now."

"Don't want feeding tube! It'll hurt!" Meredith sobs.

"It'll be okay!" Amelia says to Meredith, "I'll be right here."

"Amy" Meredith started whimpering but was hesitant

"Remember when you and I fell off that bike and you hurt your elbow? Derek carried you home and mom took care of you before she brought you to the hospital" Amelia softly smiled, trying to make Meredith open im

"I miss her. I want your mom" Meredith said as her eyes grew wide

"She booked a flight as soon as she heard you were found. She's on her way Mer"