Ch19

Meredith is still sleeping in Carolyn's arms. It's been a few hours since Dr Bailey inserted the feeding tube. Meredith, at peace for a moment, has no idea that police are about to come into her room.

A few knocks are heard on the door, instantly waking Meredith up and scaring her.

"Finn's here! Don't hurt me! Please don't let him hurt me!" She wails.

Meredith is instantly terrified and is about to attempt to jump out of her bed and hide when she feels arms gently holding her.

"Shhh. Finn is not back baby girl. I've got you. No one will hurt you. Shhh. Calm down sweetie." Carolyn says, trying to comfort Meredith.

"No! He's here! He wants to take me again! Please don't let him! I need to hide! Please let me hide Carolyn!" Meredith wails, her eyes wide open in fear.

"I promise you he is not here Meredith. He will never hurt you ever again. I will not let that happen to you again." Carolyn says, gently rubbing Meredith's back.

Another knock is heard at the door along with a voice. The door opens slowly and a police officer is revealed.

"Hi, I'm Officer Todd Swift from the Seattle Police Department. I was just hoping to talk to Meredith Grey. We need her statement on everything that occurred during her kidnapping." The officer sees Meredith burying her head in Carolyn's chest, trying to hide.

"No! No! No" Meredith wailed. "Don't wanna talk about it! Bad things happened! Don't make me Carolyn!"

"You're okay! I'm right here baby. No one will hurt you." Carolyn says softly to Meredith. "I'm sorry, she's very traumatized. Are you sure this is necessary? I don't want to make her go through that again." Carolyn says to Officer Swift.

Meredith shrieks in fear. "No! Don't wanna go back! Don't wanna see Finn!"

"You're not going back. Don't worry." Carolyn said softly.

Officer Swift took a step towards Meredith's bed which didn't go unnoticed by Meredith.

"Don't hurt me! Don't touch me! Please! I'll be good! Don't touch me!" Meredith yells.

"He won't hurt you sweetie. No one will ever hurt you." Carolyn said.

"I don't want to make her go through that again either but it's absolutely necessary that we get her statement on what happened. We want to put him away for life and in order to do that we need to hear her story." The officer explained. "I'm really sorry to put her through this."

Carolyn sighs and nods. "Meredith, can you tell this nice Officer what happened? It'll be okay. No one will hurt you. We need to know what happened to put Finn in jail for a very long time for what he did to you."

"No! No! No!" Meredith sobs.

"Meredith, it was the alleyway connecting Joe's Bar to Seattle Grace Hospital where he abducted you from, correct? And used chloroform on you to make you pass out?" Officer Swift asked.

Meredith stuck her hands over her ears. "No! No! No! Don't wanna talk! Don't wanna talk about bad things!"

"Did he put you in his car's trunk to bring you to his house? And he kept you in his basement with no lights or windows?"

"Carolyn, don't believe him!" Meredith said sobbing, not wanting Carolyn to know what happened. Meredith tried again to get off of the bed and hide but Carolyn kept a strong grip on her so she couldn't.

"Stay here Mer. You're okay." Carolyn whispered to her.

"I don't want you to know what happened! I don't want to talk about it! I don't want anyone to hurt me again." Meredith says, whimpering in fear. "The policeman wants to hurt me, I just know it. Please I wanna hide! Please let me hide!" Meredith wailed.