Chapter 27

Two days have passed

"Good morning Meredith! I have your discharge papers here! You can sign them and then you're free to go." Dr Bailey says, smiling at Meredith.

"That's awesome Meredith!" Carolyn says with a big smile on her face.

"Don't want to leave." Meredith mutters.

"Why not? You'll be so much more comfortable in your own bed Mer. I promise you that you'll be okay." Cristina says.

"It's not safe! I don't want to!" Meredith says starting to cry. "I can't do it!"

"You can Mer! I know you can. You are such a strong woman. You have survived so much." Dr Bailey says.

"I'm not." Meredith says, shaking her head. She's starting to get more worked up.

The three others in the room are seeing how terrified Meredith looks.

"Mer, Cristina and I will be with you. We won't let anything happen to you. We promise." Carolyn says, trying to soothe Meredith.

"I don't want to! Too loud and bright out there! And Finn is out there! He'll hurt me again!" Meredith sobs.

"Mer, Finn is in jail! He won't hurt you." Cristina says to her person.

"Are you sure?" Meredith says softly.

"I'm positive." Cristina says. "How about if you hold onto your bunny while we go out to the car? And we will be right there with you. You won't be alone."

Meredith hesitates and then nods. "You won't leave me? You promise?"

"We promise." Both Cristina and Carolyn says.

"Okay." Meredith whispers.

They get Meredith packed and ready to go and once the discharge papers are signed they get a wheelchair for her.

Carolyn helps Meredith into the wheelchair and they leave the room.

Meredith clutches onto her bunny with both hands  the whole time. She has tears streaming down her face when they are out of her room. She is absolutely terrified.

They get to the entrance of the hospital and wheel her outside.

"Mer, you doing okay?" Cristina asks.

Meredith doesn't respond, she's too busy trapped in her own mind. She's reliving everything that happened that awful day.

They get to the area where she was kidnapped from and she stares at the cab that is parked there. She starts whimpering in fear.

Carolyn sees Meredith's body shaking in fear. "Mer, you're okay baby girl. We're going to the car." She realizes this is the area where Meredith was kidnapped from.

Meredith doesn't say anything. Streams of tears are flowing down her face. She keeps letting out whimpers.

Meredith is so upset that she somehow drops her bunny and doesn't realize it.

"Miss, you dropped this." A man says, tapping Meredith on the shoulder.

Meredith starts screaming in fear. "Don't hurt me!!!" She yells.

"Sorry!" Cristina quickly takes the bunny from the man.

Carolyn and Cristina hurry a sobbing Meredith to the car. They lift Meredith out of her wheelchair and place her in the backseat. Cristina gets in the front seat while Carolyn sits in the back with Meredith.

"Shh, you're okay. Shhhh, I've got you." Carolyn strokes Meredith's hair while the girl sobs.

Meredith clutches her bunny to her as she lies her head  in Carolyn's lap.

Meredith sobs the entire way home despite them trying to comfort her.

They arrive home shortly and they get Meredith inside. Meredith is clinging to Carolyn. She keeps looking around the corner to make sure no one is there.

"Lock the doors and windows please!" Meredith sobs. "Don't want anyone to come in."

"They're all locked baby. Don't you worry." Carolyn says soothingly.

Meredith eyes the door to the basement, looking terrified as she does so.

"It's too bright in here!" She sobs, squeezing her eyes closed.

"Okay! I'll dim the lights!" Cristina says. "Also, I got you a night light Meredith. I know you don't like it when it's too dark."

"Thanks." Meredith whispers. "I don't like it when it's too dark. I don't know where I am. Or if someone's there." She whispers.

"I know baby, I know. Hopefully this will help you." Carolyn says.

"Let me go grab that for you." Cristina goes to grab the night light and comes back a minute later. "Here you go!"

"Thanks." Meredith says softly and takes the night light.

"Do you want to watch some tv?" Cristina asks. "We can watch in your room if you want.

"Okay." Meredith says softly. "Nothing scary."

"Of course. Nothing scary."

"Come on. Let's go upstairs." Carolyn says.

Both women help Meredith up the stairs.

They get to Meredith's room and Cristina opens the door. Meredith stands there for a minute not moving.

"Okay, let's get you into bed." Carolyn says.

They get Meredith into bed and she lays in the middle of the bed.  Carolyn tucks Meredith into bed. Cristina gets into the bed on the other side of Meredith.

Cristina turns the tv on and they find a show to watch.

"I'm gonna grab some extra pillows." Carolyn says and grabs them from the corner of the room.

"Are the doors and windows locked?" Meredith asks worriedly.

"They are." Carolyn says.

"Can you double check please? I'm scared!" Meredith says, starting to cry.

"Sure." Carolyn says. She knows they are locked but she wants Meredith to feel comfortable and will do anything to help her. She heads downstairs and checks to make sure everything is locked up. She comes back upstairs and enters Meredith's room.

"Everything is locked Mer." Carolyn says softly.

Before Meredith can respond, a character from the show they are watching screams in terror. Another  character decided to jump out of a corner as a joke and scare the other character, causing them to scream.

Meredith's eyes widened in terror, she was beyond scared as she had no idea what happened. Her instincts told her to run so she quickly threw the covers back and jumped out of bed, forgetting about her broken leg for a minute, and hid in the closet, the only place she could find the safe feeling she was craving.

Carolyn and Cristina hear whimpers coming from the closet. They are so worried about Meredith. She may be mostly healed physically but mentally? That's a whole other issue.

Hope you liked!