Chapter 24

Meredith wakes up and sees Carolyn sitting next to her bed.

"Hi Meredith, how are you feeling sweetie?" Carolyn softly asks.

"I'm okay." Meredith whispers. She looks around the room. "What happened?"

"Dr Wyatt had to sedate you. You weren't responding to any of us when we tried to calm you down. You left her no choice but to sedate you. We thought you would hurt yourself."

"Oh." Meredith says, looking down at her hands.

"I'm going to go have someone page Dr Wyatt. She wanted to talk to you when you woke up. I'll be right back." Carolyn gets up and leaves the room for a minute.

Meredith sighs. She doesn't want to talk to Dr Wyatt. She doesn't want to re-experience everything in her head. She doesn't want to feel all of those emotions again.

She decides she just won't talk to Dr Wyatt. She won't say a word.

A few minutes later Carolyn comes back into the room. "Dr Wyatt will be down soon Mer."

"I don't want to talk to her." Meredith mutters.

"Why not sweetie? She'll help you."

"I don't want to re-experience all of that again. I just can't!" Meredith cries out.

"I know baby girl. It's super hard, but it'll help you in the long run."

Meredith shakes her head.

Carolyn sighs, wishing she could make this all much easier for Meredith.

Just then someone knocks at the door and Meredith jumps in fear.

"Who's there??!!" Meredith cries. "Is it Finn?"

"No baby. It's Dr Wyatt." Carolyn says, stroking Meredith's hair. "Come in!" Carolyn calls out.

The door opens and Dr Wyatt walks in. "Hello Meredith, Carolyn. How are we today?"

No response from Meredith. She just shakes in fear from not knowing Dr Wyatt.

Carolyn notices how scared Meredith is and comforts her. "You're okay. Dr Wyatt is just here to help you sweetie."

Meredith shakes her head. "I don't need help."

"Mer, sweetie..." Carolyn says softly.

"Carolyn, maybe it'll be easier if I talk to her on my own. Give us thirty minutes." Dr Wyatt says.

Carolyn nods. "Meredith, I will be back in thirty minutes. You will be just fine with Dr Wyatt."

"Don't go! Please! I'm scared!" Meredith says, starting to cry.

"She won't hurt you I promise baby." Carolyn says and gives Meredith a big hug. "Think about this happy memory. Do you remember when you guys were little and you and Derek would race each other to the swing set and every single time you would win? I think you were 6 years old then and he was 10."

"I think he let me beat him." Meredith muttered.

"Maybe so but you giggled every single time you beat him. You loved saying you beat a 10 year old." Carolyn says with a smile on her face.

"I miss him." Meredith says softly.

"Do you want to try to see him later? Maybe try again?"

Meredith hesitates and then nods.

"Okay, I'll have him come to see you later Mer. Okay. I'm going to go now and let you have your session with Dr Wyatt. I'll be back." Carolyn gives Meredith a kiss on her head and then leaves the room.