Chapter 14

TW ABUSE AND RAPE

The ambulance pulls up to the hospital and the EMT throws open the door. Everyone standing outside instantly hear's Meredith's sobs.  "Meredith Grey, 25 years old, kidnap victim, extensive injuries."

The EMTs get Meredith's stretcher out of the ambulance and everyone waiting can see how sick and injured she looks.

Dr Bailey grabs Meredith's stretcher and takes control of the situation. "Hi Mer, it's so good to see you sweetie."

"Don't touch me!" She rasps out while covering her face with her hands. "Too bright! Too bright!"

Cristina and the rest of her friends are waiting outside for her and are shocked by her appearance when she passes by them. "Her hair." Amelia whispers. "She's so skinny." Addie mutters. "She doesn't look like herself." Cristina says.

Dr Bailey quickly brings Meredith to a trauma room with her friends following behind. They end up sitting outside of the trauma room.

Two nurses are about to move Meredith over to the exam table.

"No! Stop!" Meredith wails. "Don't touch me!"

"Mer, you're okay sweetie. You are safe now." Dr Bailey says, trying to soothe her terrified intern.

Meredith just sobs. "Don't touch me. Want Cristina."

"I'll go get her for you. Would that make it easier for you?"

Meredith doesn't respond, just continues sobbing. Meredith coughs loudly. "Don't feel well." She sobs. "Want Cristina."

"Sweetie, I'm going to get Cristina and then we need to examine you." Dr Bailey can tell Meredith is burning up.

Dr Bailey opens the trauma door and Meredith's friends try to peek inside and they see Meredith still laying on the stretcher.

"Cristina, can you come in please? Meredith keeps repeating she wants you."

Cristina jumps up and enters the exam room with Dr Bailey.

"Hi Mer, I've missed you so much." Cristina says. She attempts to hold Meredith's hand but Meredith quickly yanks it away before she can touch her.

"Don't touch me!!!" She wails loudly.

"You're okay Mer! No one is going to hurt you." Cristina says, trying to soothe her best friend.

The nurses attempt to move Meredith over to the exam table again. They try to get the straps off of her from the stretcher first.

"Stop! Don't touch me!" Meredith rasps out. She sobs loudly.

"Mer, we need to examine you. No one is going to hurt you, I promise." Cristina says soothingly.

Meredith shakes her head no.

"Mer, can we put you on the bed? It'll be a lot more comfy." Cristina asks. "Dr Bailey needs to examine you. She won't hurt you, I promise."

"You're safe Meredith. You don't need to worry anymore. We've got you." Dr Bailey says softly to Meredith. Dr. Bailey nods at the two nurses and the nurses quickly get the straps off of Meredith's body and quickly transfer her onto the bed with her blanket still on top of her. Unfortunately it makes Meredith start sobbing louder.

"No! Don't! Please! I'll be good! I promise! Don't touch me!" Meredith sobs. "Please! I'll be good , just let me go."

"Mer, I'm going to start examining you. I need to do this sweetie. I promise I won't hurt you. You are safe." Dr Bailey carefully takes the blanket off of Meredith. She is then able to see the some of Meredith's injuries. She sees so many bruises on her body and how skinny she has gotten.

Dr Bailey attempts to start looking at Meredith's extensive injuries but Meredith tries to get out her grasp.

"Stop! Stop! Don't! Please don't touch me there!" Meredith thinks it's Finn trying to hurt her more.

"Mer, it's me, Dr Bailey. You're safe, I promise."

Meredith sobs and tries to roll onto her side.

"Mer, can you roll onto your back please?" Dr Bailey asks.

"You're going to hurt me!"

"We won't hurt you. Don't worry." Cristina says and takes Meredith hand and gently pushes her onto her side while Meredith wails loudly.

Bailey tries to examine Meredith and it is a very difficult process and she's not having any luck examining Meredith.

"Don't touch me! Please!" Meredith sobs. She tries to yank her hand out Cristina's grasp but Cristina holds on tightly.

"It's going to be okay Meredith." Cristina tells her.

"No! No! No!" She tries to get away from Dr Bailey's hands on her body. "Stop! You're just going to hurt me! No!" Meredith can't stop sobbing and is just terrified that they will hurt her.

"I think we need to sedate her. She can't handle this." Dr Bailey says and Cristina quickly agrees. A nurse goes to get the required materials. She comes back with it and Dr Bailey quickly injects Meredith with it. Meredith's cries finally stop as she falls asleep.

"She's absolutely traumatized Bailey!" Cristina says. "She's not okay!"

"She's so scared. This is not the same Meredith that she once was." Bailey sighs, looking sadly at her intern.

"And look at her! She doesn't look the same. Her hair oh my god. It's so short, there's no length at all to it. And she's so skinny! I don't think he fed her much!" Cristina looks like she's going to break down in sobs which is not like herself.

"She's safe now. That's all that matters. We will help her get better." Bailey says.

Bailey starts examining Meredith now.

"Also, I think we need a rape kit." Cristina says sadly. "She has so many old and new bruises on her thighs plus she came in with no clothes on. She also didn't want us to touch her."

"Yeah, sadly I think you're right."

Bailey thoroughly examined Meredith's body. She finds that Meredith has tons of broken bones, some from months ago that haven't healed yet. She has an extraordinary amount of bruises on her body. Her ribs are broken too. Those are just some of the many injuries Meredith has.

"Okay, I'm going to have Addie come in now. I'm going to have her perform a rape kit on Meredith." Bailey says sadly.

Bailey pokes her head into the hall and has Addie come in.

Addie looks at Meredith and has tears fall from her eyes. "She's sleeping now, thank god. We heard her sobbing for so long out there."

"We had to sedate her." Bailey said.

Addie nods.

"Addie, I know this is hard but I need you to perform a rape kit on her." Bailey says.

"A rape kit? Do you think..."

"Yes. We're guessing many times based on the bruises on her thighs."

"Okay." Addie whispers. She gets the required materials and gets to work.

After a while she finishes with the rape kit. "Bailey. A couple things. I can tell that she was raped an extraordinary amount of times. Poor girl. And..." Addie trails off.

"What?" Baileys asks.

"She must have gotten pregnant from one of the times he raped her. She miscarried and there's still some left in her. That's why she's sick right now. Thank god they got her out when they did. She's a very sick girl. A few more days and this infection would have killed her."

Bailey and Cristina are both speechless.

"I'm going to perform a D&C. That'll clear up the infection."

Addie is able to perform the D&C successfully and gets Meredith into her room where their friends are waiting once the procedure is done.

"She looks so peaceful sleeping. It's like she doesn't have a care in the world." Amelia says.

"That's going to change the second she wakes up." Cristina said softly.

I hope you liked!