Chapter 29

"Thanks Miranda. I'm just really worried about her, you know? She really freaked out about her hair and going out to get ice cream. I'm really worried about how her quality of life will be if she doesn't talk about what happened to her." Carolyn said while on the phone with Dr Bailey. "And now she refuses to leave the house. She's extremely traumatized. I wish I could make everything better for her."

"Me too. I'm so worried about her. This isn't her at all. I want her to be able to be the Meredith she once was. Which I know will be hard after everything she went through but we can encourage her in every way that we can." Dr Bailey said.

"I want her to be able to go back to work at some point and be independent again. But right now I don't see that happening anytime soon. She just needs more time. She really needs to open up and talk about what she went through. Talking will help her. I wish she would talk to Dr Wyatt." Carolyn says.

"Has she still not talked in her sessions yet? I know she's had a couple so far." Dr Bailey asked.

"No, she hasn't. And this will be the first time she is seeing her in person. She's been seeing her via zoom but just sits there in silence. Sometimes I'll walk past her room while she's in a session and all I'll hear is Dr Wyatt trying to get her to talk. But she refuses to talk to her. She still doesn't trust her. She thinks she's going to hurt her. She has a session today at the hospital so I'm really hoping today will be the day she talks. Dr Wyatt decided that she needed to take a step in her recovery and come to the hospital. But it will be hard.I know she'll be terrified because of the area where she was abducted from. I hope it goes well." Carolyn sighs.

"I hope so too. I will let Dr Wyatt know about what we've discussed. I agree, she needs to come to the hospital and face her fears. She won't get over them if she doesn't."

"Thank you Miranda. I appreciate that. I know she won't bring it up herself even if she were to open up and talk. So maybe Dr Wyatt knowing in advance will help so she can bring it up in today's session."

"Of course. Anything for Meredith."

They say goodbye and end the call.

Carolyn walks down the hallway to Meredith's room. Meredith was laying in her bed resting. Ever since the ice cream incident she's refused to leave the house. She's terrified of seeing people she doesn't know. She just thinks they'll hurt her.

Today Carolyn is going to attempt to bring Meredith to the hospital for her appointment with Dr Wyatt. She knows it won't be easy but she needs to see Dr Wyatt. Isolating herself isn't helping her at all.

"Hey Mer, how's your leg feeling?" Carolyn asks.

"It still hurts." Meredith softly says.

"I'm sorry. Do you want some pain meds for it?"

"Yes please." Meredith says, nodding her head.

"Okay let me go grab some for you. I'll be right back with it." Carolyn goes to where Meredith's medications are and grabs the needed medicine. She grabs a cup of water for her also.

"Here you go Meredith. I hope this helps."

"Thank you." Meredith takes the medicine and swallows it after taking a sip of the water.

Carolyn knows she needs to tell Meredith that she has an appointment with Dr Wyatt today. She knows she will refuse to go but she needs the therapy so she has to go whether she likes it or not.

"So Mer, you have an appointment with Dr Wyatt today."

"What?! No! I don't want to go! I...I can't go. There's too many people there. Finn could be hiding somewhere." Meredith said loudly. "And... I don't want to walk past that area."