Chapter-1. A Handful Of Lies

A HANDFUL OF LIES

There is a lot of noise, but the hearts of two people are imbibed in grave silence. The silence of truth, the silence of lies, the silence of loss, the silence of deception, the silence of... I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT.

Aditri, a preteen girl has been watching a movie. Oh, it just finished.
"Why did it end?"

The tiniest smile on Aditri's face grew larger as she uttered a question after the film ended. She innocently looked at her mother with her big black eyes. Her cheeks were of the lightest shade of brown as the little mole on her left was tugged up in her smile. She curled back her hair into a small ponytail while she curiously waited for a reply.

If a movie is good, its ending might give birth to the desire of watching it a little longer. But this was a love story. And love stories, do live forever, as said or shown by time. So, why did the movie end?
Yes, maybe to soothe the poor sixteen-year-old who just lost all hope in all sorts of love. Her mother right now lacks words. She should, although. She is sitting on the sofa, holding her head, looking up at the ceiling. If only the ceiling had been transparent, she would have seen God by now. Begged him to carry her up with him.

"It ended cause it's a movie, and they have a time duration."

Kritika, though a very cheerful woman, is not happy today. She would have watched the movie but today she didn't even hear it sitting in the same room. All they want is the return of the man of the house, Aditya. All they want is for him to sort out everything. Solve everything. It's already been two hours. All they want... Is to move a little back in time and stop it all from happening.

Aisha had been suffocating by now. She has said not a word in the past two hours, she had been just sitting, staring at the hollow face of her mother. But now, she wants to run away. She got up and went upstairs.

There was a shrill pain in all her moves. She closed the door behind her, leaning over it. Heavy breaths escaped her lips when she looked around her room and then slipped to the floor, her back dragging down the wooden door. She looked at the dreamy walls she had painted herself and the handmade hangings she had adorned them with. Her room, which occupied half of the first floor, was so big. Beautifully carpeted room, dangling curtains, border-stained windows, cream-painted walls, and her east-facing bookshelves, occupied the entire wall.

She had spent her almost seventeen years here, with only three days left to complete. She had created a whole life in this room, until everything turned upside down, and all she knew shattered. She was shattered.

All she wanted were hopes, false or real, just in her favor. And that is why Aditya was being awaited, to tell her what the old woman has said in all fake. To stop her from being taken away wherever she was told. To tell her she is staying. To give her a reason to smile once again, which probably has been erased forever.

Deep down, Aisha comprehended that whatever will happen from now on will not be in her acceptance. She will not be liking whatever it will be. She had that feeling that the woman has said true things because her mother, though sitting there, couldn't deny it.
However, hoping doesn't charge, carry on till you break apart.

It's been a while and she heard the silence of her father. He had arrived. Although her parent's conversation should not be audible in her closed room, today, she hears everything. From the unlatching of the door to her father cleaning his feet on the mat to him taking them off to him asking where she was. He told Kritika to take Aditri to her room and make sure she hears nothing. So now she was more sure, everything was wrong.