Chapter -12 Perspective

Perspective

She left her room to reunite with her friends for dinner. It was about eight and the sky was now pitch black. The corridor seemed to look barren and dark since no students lingered on her floor at that hour. She hasted downstairs when she felt someone pull her by her injured left hand.

Being dragged into the dark, she moaned in pain and tried to release herself. As she was released the first thing she did was to hold tight to her hand which started bleeding due to the cruel hold. And the next thing that she saw was a familiar face, glowing in pure moonlight all mingled with a faint blue one.
"Hey! Miss Lost For Years!"

Aisha rolled her eyes back in anger saying,
"Rishab? What the hell are you doing?"

The corridor was dark but had a clear sight of the glow of the moon. She could see him in his school dress and the blue tie he had pulled down to loosen the hold of his neck. His top button was open and he placed one of his hand in his pocket while the other held the glowing blue light. A glittery water ball! He passed a smirk saying,
"Well! I decided to take revenge against your kind words."

Aisha was breathing deeply since every passing second her injury was becoming even more vulnerable. But her attention was the least on her pain but her fury against him. But she tried her best to not let him see how angry she was. They stood a metre away from each other when Rishab smiled saying,
"Why so angry Miss? I am just here to make you feel the same insult. You must know that I am not supposed to be replied. And you defamed me in front of everyone... When I was just trying to help you."

Aisha sighed holding tight to stop the flow of blood,
"See Rishab, I'm sorry for what I asserted today. I was not fine and I still am not. Don't make me say things you will want to take revenge against. However, I don't need help, not from you in the first place. I was very baffled by everything, that just got poured over you. I realised later that no one is supposed to be emotionally hurt by me because I'm hurt. But... When I lose it, I don't care."

Rishab wore a smug on his face as he took a step towards her.
"So, you don't need help? How far have you messed up with the assignment, it was a good one. It took me also to storm my brain cell to get the answers. So I could say that by now you must have scribbled sheets in a disaster."

She was confident as she spoke. Her eyes couldn't see him because she didn't want to. She was looking away, everywhere. Anywhere. Just not at him. She was aware that this wasn't the right time for her to be around him and now, around anyone. She had lost all the cool she had built while locked in her room. Just a spark, and she would burst. And Rishab was a whole bomb in her locality. Somehow, she collected herself, she told herself to be genuine with him for a second.
"I've completed it."

He chuckled and later burst out into laughter,
"Oh really? You have completed it? What a miserable joke it is, a girl with no powers and no knowledge about poison has finished her assignment. You are good at making jokes... Oh sorry! You're good at making a joke out of yourself. You are a joke!"

Aisha shook her head assuring him as he continued,
"I don't have any personal interests in you, but I like people who talk to me like that. You know, looking into my eyes with no fear. It makes the conversation more challenging. It takes me to the peak of tolerance and then I make a hell out of the life of the offender. And, this hell I make has no limits! And then you are just a cheap girl picked from the land of Low Mortals. And the best thing about it is that you cannot be like us. You are not like us. You will always remain a pathetic Mortal. A mortal, who shall soon be dead, lying somewhere, rotting, because who in this world will carry your remains? Ha!"

Aisha glared at him and held tight to her bleeding hand. She felt the heavy loss of blood but she suppressed it.
"It's okay if I cannot be like you, however, you are not worthy of being admired. I doubt if anyone would ever want you around if they don't find their whims in it.
Being 'HUMAN' is better if Mayavi thinks the way you do. You sound cheap, pathetic and to me, partially hilarious. I don't think your longing desires are gonna be fulfilled but, I'm kind, I hope you get over your rootless obsession over dreams like these."