Chapter -42 Out Of Honour

Out Of Honour

From Aisha's point of view

I can't explain this to them. It's not simple even for me.

I told them that the place is abandoned and we will have to search for them from tomorrow. That means, just after a couple of hours. I offered Rishab the guest room and Swara said she won't sleep alone, so she is with me in my parent's room. She is concerned and isn't ready to sleep until I do but... I can't! Look at my condition, how can I sleep? So I'm simply knocking her off, my poison works here.

She is asleep. But I'm wide awake. How am I supposed to interpret it all? Are there any chances that my father and mother might enter this house tomorrow or maybe sometime sooner in the dark? I've called both of them plenty of times but... Shit! The phones are here. Why would they go without their phones?

I'm starting to believe that there is a huge hole in this house which has been covered up so well that I can't see anything although everything is here. In front of my eyes.

.............

From the third person's point of view

Rishab was lying in the room. His eyes stared at the ceiling and his mind drowned in the thoughts of the girl who was so mysterious. He is a part of her mystery now.
'I don't know anything about her now. At first, I thought she was weird, although she is but now that "weird" is different. I'm in her world... This is completely her world. She grew up here, lived here and definitely loved this place. It's her land. She is known for all this and I'm a stranger here. These winds tickle me and then run away from me because I'm not their friend. These walls look at me like I don't deserve to be hiding behind them. This nature looks at me like they hate me for I hated her. I tortured their beloved. That's why they aren't letting me sleep, relax or even feel secure.
I can sense the love she left here. But I can also sense the huge amount of magic here. This magic isn't mine and cannot be of her friend, it's too much of magic. It is Maya! A lot of Maya! And not just Maya, something else is completely and equally churned into it.
I can feel the shattered pieces of the magic shield, the essence of Mayavi's blood and the enormous amount of power left behind. But why? Her parents were humans, right?
I could have found out the past that flourished here if I could have used my powers here. And I can use them. But doing anything without her permission here seems wrong to me. She is the master here and I have to do as she says. But about my powers, I'm feeling weak here. The magic which flourished here was more powerful than mine and I can sense it. The shield might have broken yet the power is left. It's stopping me from enhancing my powers here. It's as if nullifying my magic within myself and, I'm gonna tell Aisha about it in case she isn't feeling the same because she has no magic. Or... I don't know.
Everything is wrong about this place.'

He rolled his eyes and then he turned to his side. They were shut for a while until his discomfort forced him to open them and watch around. He could see through the window, the dark night, the restless environment and... the shadow.

He sat up from his bed and glanced through the window, but this time all he could see were the far-off trees. He was sure about what he saw at first glance but his confirmation pushed him back. He stood by the window for a minute or two but he saw nothing.

The moment he shifted, he heard a sound. Not from the outside but in the hall. Something fell, broke and someone squeaked. He couldn't stop his feet and quickly reached out. The guestroom door was attached to the lobby which opened directly into the hall. So he was there, within a second.

'Seriously! I could have imagined anything but this is very unexpected.'

What his eyes saw while his heart popped up to his mouth was that Aisha was standing in the centre of... about five armed soldiers. They all were dressed in some cultural attire but that was a thing observed later. What was first seen was that they had their spearheads pointing towards her. He stood there for a moment to observe but then he saw Swara who ran out of her room and looked extremely scared. For a second their gaze stuck together to decide upon their move and then they were prepared to use their powers.