Chapter -15 Into The Woods

Into The Woods

Bani and the others called Aisha back. However, she wasn't in a condition to listen to them. She kept on running towards the forest. What she was seeing was only her tears. Her eyes never saw the forest she was approaching and her mind never promoted her to stop because it never came back to reality. It was still lingering about the dead.  She had gone so far that her figure started to diminish and disappear.
"We need to get her."

The professor called out as he began moving.
"Yeah! She should be followed. She doesn't know where she is heading."

The headmistress sighed and indicated the students to return to the school while they proceeded to get Aisha. Bani complaint
"It seems like she does not recognise any of you... So she needs me. I will also come."

Agreeing with her, the three friends also rejected the idea of returning. Hurridly they launched and followed the direction Aisha went.
"She is so quick!"

Ishita wept while they kept on with their path. Aisha was out of their sight, yet they carried on their path. After a while, they heard someone running toward them.
"Headmistress! Professor!"

Siddharth called out from a distance when they all turned behind as he came running closer. He stopped by them and then took a second to breathe before he uttered,
"You need to return! The King is arriving shortly, a messenger just told. He looked stressed, probably there is something wrong."

"What it could be that he is arriving at such a time before a formal alarming."

The headmistress expressed her worry and she turned to face the girls saying,
"I'm sorry! But I need to return. You may proceed with your search. Take care of yourself and also, her. She is definitely not fine. Aisha's running into the forest like this is very immature of her, but I can't blame her because I understand. I know that must have been bad."

Bani felt bitter but she couldn't do anything to stop her. The headmistress and Aadya left them while Bani and the others continued towards the forest.
"Should I come?"

Siddharth questions innocently when Bani was about to burst at him but Swara replied,
"Yes, you may!"

'Why? Why did she call him? We don't need him. He will also be an asshole just like the others. Useless and brainless. What good will he do there? He is like a hippie! He is only gonna stroll through the jungle as he always does.
Aisha has run into the forest and they are taking it so lightly. I can't even wonder how she might be. These people are cruel, ruthless, heartless... Less! Less! All the less! Useless!
And why are these people crawling? Don't they have any strength in their legs?'

Bani was cursing everyone on their way, calling out Aisha's name aloud.

It was turning dark, and Aisha's meditation extended the time of the last period. The sun was going down and the sky was painted red and purple. Patches of yellow and orange were around the deep yellow glowing ball. The sweet sound of the birds returning home and the eerie silence of the wilderness gave birth to an uncomfortable terror in their hearts.

"Do you think that walking like a herd will help us find her quickly? I mean, we should proceed with some magic, although you could have used it before."

Siddharth uttered a sensible question which was soon supported by the professor who said,
"Right! We should divide to look for her. But, magic won't be possible here in the forest. It could disturb wildlife. and if we cause any disturbance, the forest could turn out to be more dangerous, especially for her.
We can go in different directions. Bani and Namrata you go left, Ishita and Swara to the right and Siddharth and I will go straight. However, we can divide further as we know the forest better than you people. Is that fine Siddharth?"