Chapter -8 Something She Noticed

Something She Noticed

Aisha's eyes fell on the three girls who were staring at Bani, waiting for her to look at them. They sat a few seats ahead of them and were continuously trying to grab Bani's attention. Aisha pinched her partner who was burying her head into the book cursing a large amount of syllabus to study.
"Ouch! What is it?"

Bani snarled while Aisha said,
"I guess you've been ignoring some people."

She pointed at the group of girls who smiled as soon as Bani looked at them. They indicated her to come and join them but Bani passed an apologising smile.

Shortly, a lady, nicely dressed in a red dress, which resembles to look like a gown walked in. She wore bright red lipstick and her long red streak of hair fell on her face, beautifully curled.
"It's such a nice day to be introduced."

She walked in speaking and then she stood in front of her desk saying,
"I am Aadya Travi, younger sister of our beloved headmistress. I used to teach the subject at The Priority Elements School. Since I missed my family, my sister I got transferred here and now I would teach you. I hope you like my welcome treatment, I am fond of kids and also decorations."

She walked around the class saying,
"So the first thing we will have to do is to know each other. Since I have introduced myself, it's your turn. Cast magic and write your name and a speciality of yours I must know. Maybe the subject you are best at or a task you perform the best. I desire to know each one of you."

As she finished, all the pupils began following her instructions. All of them wrote their names and a speciality they admired the most. It hovered above their heads, some blazing in fire and some like mini-tornado, rolling in grey. Some had sparkles and splashes of water while the few left were adorned by flowers and grass. Aisha sat blankly, just looking at the others.

"Rishab Mahavanshi, control over magic."
"Namrata Dubey, best at Science."
"Drishti Chauhan, astrology."
"Jay Chauhan, animal care... Are you twins?"

The teacher questioned when Drishti and Jay shook their heads in agreement. She smiled and said,
"I also wanted a twin, it sounds fun doesn't it."

Moving on she continued.

"Swara Srivastava, maintenance."
"Ishita Tiwari, medical."
"Druv Pandit, sports."
"Siddhartha, knowledge of stones and magic... Well, that's a good thing, but what's your full name?"

Siddhartha passed a pleasing smile saying,
"I know nothing about my family, so I just don't have a last name to complete me."

There was a sad expression on her face when she said,
"It's fine, you have such a large family here to complete you!"

She tried to cheer him up as she smiled and he shook his head. And she continued until she reached the last desk where Aisha and Bani sat.

"Bani Kapoor, herbal medication."
"And? What about you?"

Aisha raised her head when the teacher recognised her and said,
"Oh, you are that new girl? I'm sorry, I know your name. I would talk to you after the class."

Saying this she walked near her desk and said,
"So, tell me what you studied the year back?"

Rishab stood up with much confidence and said,
"We learnt about the four-element stones. They are embedded in the sacred pillars, as told by our ancestors and our books. When the priest showed up, he claimed that the stones are secured within the pillars. He proved his words by showing the stones for the first time to the Royals. We also studied about the sacred symbols of magic."