Chapter -7 To Hear The Crowd

To Hear The Crowd

The class ended and the children had half an hour before the next period. Bani quickly left her place and reunited with Aisha who was still sitting in her place glancing at the book, and flipping the pages. Siddharth was sitting over the table, talking to a girl who was murmuring,
"What was it that you sat here? You were offered to sit somewhere else sharing with a pair. Don't forget what this girl is, kindly stay away from her or I will never talk to you again."

The girl seemed serious but Siddharth wasn't. She was fuming with anger, a batchmate Pavan Mayavi. Her eyes were simple black but time and again flickered grey with her rage. She had dyed her silver streak of hair since she was too conscious of her looks. She believed that grey made her look older, hanging right on her forehead.

Siddharth had a malicious smile and would burst out in laughter any second. He rolled up his sleeves and hung his head on his palm looking directly into the eyes of the girl when he said,
"Alright, Nisha. Now you should go, your girls might be standing at the door bitching you. I'll come with Ajay."

Bani glanced at the boy who was searching for something on the bookshelf. Nisha left and Bani passed a terrible glare to Siddharth. Any moment Bani would have punched him and Nisha but she calmed herself and asked Aisha,
"Are you done?"

Aisha raised her fingers asking for just another minute after which she closed her book saying,
"This chapter is amazing! I have read it all. It's way informative and is the answer to many questions I had about history. It has a very detailed explanation of the war between the tribes. And is concluded with the creation of Maya Lok by the unclear fact about what exactly made it.
Though it says that the spot where the four pillars stand was directly lifted from the ground of Earth and from there started the creation of a world. According to this chapter, Maya Lok is the invisible and impermeable world that is above the atmosphere of the Earth. It's in the shape of a crooked circular disk since it's not a planet. It surrounds a large part of Earth and also protects in a manner, not mentioned here.
They have left it like an eagerness for me to know about the routes which connect the worlds and more about how was Maya Lok bought from the low dirt to heavy shine. That's what I call unfair, they leave a longing desire for knowledge."

Bani's jaw dropped open as she frowned saying,
"So quick? I mean you read such a long and typical chapter in just an hour?"

Siddhartha was as confused as Bani and he bent towards Aisha and turned the pages saying,
"You... Read... A chapter of about 84 pages in just a period? How?"

Aisha smiled saying,
"I have always been a quick reader moreover this was so interesting. I couldn't resist reading it entirely."

Bani took a deep breath and said,
"Are you fooling us? I mean come on, this is not possible. The professor himself can't do it like you, and you are saying you read it?"

Aisha bobbed her head and stood up picked up her book and slipped out off the bench. Walking towards the door she paused in her path, slightly turning to look at them and said,
"Isn't it fine to be good at some point? Why should I always have the worst?"

Bani smiled and shook her head. She was proud that her friend still had a bit of faith in herself. It was a quick realisation that Aisha could fit there because she was good. All she needed was some power. She quickly caught up with Aisha and walked through the corridor.

"Look she is that girl."
"She is the cursed one!"
"I know she will not stay long, she doesn't belong here."
"Doesn't she look awful in that different tie?"
"Thankfully she is not sorted into any, I couldn't handle such a bookworm to be with me."
"She is a liar, she didn't read the chapter."
"She is so least blessed that she doesn't even have a last name. It's so awful."
"She still looks pale and sick. Does she always look like that?"