Chapter -18 The Kingdom Of Maya Lok

The Kingdom Of Maya Lok

The next day was a bright sunny day. The weather was pleasant and had a cool breeze to accompany the light of the sun. All of the students were loitering around in their casuals. Many students went back to their homes to spend the weekend and many accompanied their friends.

Groups of girls and boys were leaving the campus. Many were sneaking out for a date and a few were sitting in the garden. The atmosphere around was beautiful, being the first weekend every soul was enjoying. Even the cruellest of all were spotted laughing and chatting.

'God knows what this day will show me. But the assorted feeling in me needs to be heard and answered. And I am sure that no other than the priest who invited me here could be my dictionary here.'

Aisha was gazing at herself, standing in front of the mirror. Aisha dressed decently since she was going to see the priest. She wore a simple blue chicken kurta with blue jeans she folded at her foot. She tied her hair in a ponytail and pulled up her low platform-heeled sandals. Her friends also had the same sort of get-up.

They approached the guard and informed him about their plans and left the campus.

Aisha had never witnessed the world outside the huge gates of the school. However, she had seen the forest but, now she was going to see the lifestyle of Uttamlok.

The large gate of iron dipped in black had enormous designs and carvings of floral shapes to fill the frame. Stepping out, Aisha could see the large green field until her eyes got tired of gawking.
"So, all I could see is a green land ahead, how far are the temple and the market?"

Aisha spoke with a smile on her face when Ishita chuckled saying,
"First we will have to cross the barrier."

Namrata stops Ishita and pops in between saying,
"You should have elaborated a bit.
Aisha, the school land is almost a different place from the rest of the Maya Lok. The magical barrier prevents the outside world from affecting this place in any sense. We can only perform magic within the barrier till we turn eighteen. Moving outside, we leave our abilities behind. The barrier also covers the Pillars. Since it is the most holy stop in our world, it must always be preserved. And so it is. Nothing in Maya Lok is more protected than this barrier, not even the palace. The outside people do not know how to break through if not told.
However, the barrier is not far, will take only a few minutes to reach."

Got things sorted, Aisha followed her friends until they stopped. They were looking up at something when Aisha confirmed,
"So, have we reached?"

All the four bobbed their heads and then Bani raised her hand. There was a spark of red glow in her eyes and a little light appeared between her middle and the ring finger. She lightly pushed something. Suddenly a transparent red barrier which resembles a thin glass started melting back and made a circular opening.

They stepped out of it and the particles of the barrier quickly merged back. Aisha smiled saying,
"Well, I have witnessed something like that before, but in a different way."

Bani shook her head saying,
"Yeah! You might have travelled through it on the day you came here."

After she agreed with her, Aisha drew her eyes away from her friends to the view in front of her.

She could see a beautiful town with pillared houses and buildings aligned in straight rows till her eyes can see. Houses had slanted, conical, and arched roofs. There was a set colour pattern of cream, white and mustard. However, the roofs and the flags fluttering above are differentiated in the colours of the four elements.