Chapter -25 Strings Of Care

Strings of Care

Aisha's point of view ~

I don't know about the others but I was too astonished. I mean, it's true that a personal weapon only obeys the master. If the master denies it, then his or her weapon is impossible to be even touched. And here, I picked up the sword of a Jal Mayavi manipulator and even defended myself from two senior boys. I have just once touched a sword when I was being introduced to it. But I haven't ever tried using one. Scary!

Well now, I see him. He has the same horror in his eyes as the others. But he has something else in his eyes, disbelief. Although he needed help, he slipped away when I reached out to help him. His eyes were full of pain, not because of that wound in his chest, not because of what he faced. It was because he has now found another curious fact about me. He was scared of me. I could tell by his face that he wanted to get up and run away from me. He was not willing to take my help even though his blood was running down his body. He was badly injured and I don't know why, I can feel how painful it all was.

Siddharth hasn't talked to me about anything for a long time. But now I guess he will never even look at me. Why am I such a mysterious case? I don't even know what it was that he just ignores me like I'm an affliction. When I asked him he simply said that he didn't want to be seen with me. And such arrogant behaviour hadn't bothered me until today. But at this moment, I feel like doing anything to make him comfortable around me. I couldn't bear to see him scared of me.

He sat so injured in front of me and I am not even supposed to help him. No matter what, even if I try I can't. I can't touch him. He had indicated to me to stay away from him by helpless shifting and his shivering large eyes. He was managing to stand up on his own as I felt like shouting at the crowd for not taking a step for him. Those people around us were blind or what... So scared of me.

I glanced back at my friends who had the same questions in their eyes. Well, I will sort it out later. Right now, my priority is Siddharth who needs treatment. Why isn't anyone bothering to help him when he is not accepting mine? I indicated Bani who shivered back at the others but couldn't deny my call... After what she had witnessed, at least not then.

Reaching out to Siddharth she looked at him and then at me as if she considered me a mistake. She was looking at me as if she wanted to drag me somewhere and burden all her queries over my shoulders. And then wait for me to answer them correctly. She looked at me as if I was a threat there. Was I? Did my actions make me so much questionable? I mean, I genuinely have no clue what is happening to me.

Siddharth was completely on his feet when he looked into my orifices which were soon to shine golden. He could read my face, how many things were going on within me. He was not surprised cause he knew at what moment they liked to glow. So without a warning, he took his hands around my neck and then pulled my rubber band which merely tied my hair in a gripping position. His hand was shivering, he felt the pain of raising it. Yet he did. Allowing my soft black hair to fall over my back and shoulders, and then covering my face from others' view as he wanted. He curled his finger around a few strands and settled them before pulling his hand away. What a man! He was so freaked out of me and yet he protected me.

My eyes which were glowing brightly were filled with tears that I was trying to hold back. Turning away from him I closed them and allowed the wet to dry in there. I took quick steps crossing the group of boys who looked at me with the sheer suspect. Ishan stood there like a statue while the others were completely horrified. Rishab had a blank face and was too lost to make out the head and tail of the things his eyes saw. I have never seen him like that before. He was conflicted.