Chapter- 44 Parents' Sins

Parents' Sins

"How and why did you find me?"
Aisha questioned Madhur the moment next she was out of the temple. She did not wait for anyone. She basically pulled Madhur out of the crowd to talk. She needed answers.

"We'll tell you. But... This is your home. Live it."
Madhur smiled at her. Aisha took in a deep breath before saying,
"This all is something I'd be thankful for all my life and I surely will regret not living longer here, later on. But right now, my first concern is to find my parents."

"But?"
Aisha paused him,
"Not them. The ones who bought me up. I feel something is wrong with their condition. I can't find them. Can you help me? I've come here, only to find them. Otherwise, leaving our world without having any free magic is not at all sensible. But... It's all done for me. We can't delay much. Please, help me to find them."

Madhur sighed and then indicated her to wait while he moved towards the King. Something he said and everything she didn't hear. It was too low and they were at a distance. He looked back at her and then the King did, but he slowly shook his head and Madhur made his way back to her.
"Okay! We will not delay it. Someone wants to meet you. Come with me."

Her departure was unseen by everyone including her friends. They were made to stay in a room while Aisha followed behind her brother. He welcomed her into the palace. A Palace made out of mountain shade, all the carvings were made out of rocks and wooden work. Everything was in a series of tunnels, beautifully engraved, painted and decorated. Here and there were small creepers and plants on the walls and around the pillars. Each step was taking them lower, near the heart of Mother Earth. It was somewhat warm within and the rocks were illuminated by magic. He led her to a room.
"This room once and still belongs to your mother, and now it will be yours. I mean it is yours. As my grandfather has said. I mean, our grandfather. This room has always belonged to the daughter of the house. So, it's yours now. You are the only daughter our family has. And... There she is, meet her."

"Her?"

But Madhur never replied and just walked away. She took in a deep breath and then slowly pushed the wooden door to open. Huge! The room had a giant bed in the centre with curtains falling from the ceiling and a stair that led it up to the balcony where the sight of the widespread grass-covered land could be seen. The hill was a wonder in itself to have such great structures and most of them were natural like the huge cave of the Phoenix, curtained by the falling rose bush. Aisha slowly slid her hand across the rock-carved railing of the balcony and then turned back. The grand arch structure over her head attracted her eyes and once she closed them she could feel the traces of her mother's life in the room. Very slowly she stepped down the stairs as she could feel the warmth of Karishma's feet. The room walls were greatly illustrious. The sprinkles of paint and the smooth running of colours left by her mother showed her entire life on the walls. If viewed properly, they were all abstract depicting all the great events and learnings of her life. One of them showed a man along with her, near her but simultaneously far away. That was her talent. She showed everything in just one thing. She knew to accumulate a lot in one. Aisha had a genuine smile and tears in her eyes. That place was of her mother.

But... There was some 'her' in here. Aisha was yet living the moment when she heard,
"So, you came?"

All of a sudden her emotions were locked away in some corner of her heart and everything within her burned under the voice of her mother. The one who loved her grew her up, and called her back. Kriti. Aisha turned back to see a shrunken figure of the lady who was standing in a dark corner. She wasn't visible, it was just her vibrating tone that told Aisha everything about her condition.
"Mom?"

A sigh, low sigh. She wasn't pleased to hear the word 'mom' out of her mouth. But she was her mother, she had caressed that love which in this moment of dismay also forced Kriti to come in light and open her arms out to feel her daughter after a year long. She was dressed up as a simple Sooryavanshi, seemed to have wept for more than a few days and simultaneously was angry and worried. Aisha couldn't stop herself from wrapping around her mother after a long year.
But everything was different. This wasn't the mother she used to know, this wasn't how she used to feel in her embrace, this wasn't how it all was... Until now when she was feeling just one thing, fake! Everything is fake! Her smile is fake! Her love is fake! Her mother is fake! Fake! And one thing her soul shouted... That her life like this is also fake!