Chapter -46 Cannot Be

Cannot be

Aisha was nowhere to be seen. Rishab and Swara assumed that she left them a lot behind while climbing up the cliff. The cliff where her father was going to be executed. Some lights were glowing there making sure that the stage had already been set, now only the show was remaining. And the show wouldn't start till the chief guest arrives. The King and the priest. The Priest was still at the temple since the lights were still on. And the quiet in the world proposed that the King hadn't left the palace yet. But... the stage was set. And the show might begin in no time. Thus, they continued walking and simultaneously their eyes were searching for her. But... She left no trails behind. She was quick and quiet.

"Wait!"
Swara suddenly stopped in her path and drew Rishab's attention towards herself. He looked back at her with an angry 'what!' expression written on his face.
"Aisha hasn't reversed her magic. But we are free of it. She isn't recognised, but we are. You are the son of the Minister, your father is the closest approach to the King. Then, when we can directly approach the authorities, why are we running after her instead of solving her problems already? The execution hasn't started yet, the ministers and the King haven't left the palace yet. We can easily help her. We just need to convince anyone from the court."

Rishab smirked looking at the girl with cherishing eyes.
"You've got a brain!"

Swara raised an eyebrow looking at him with displeasure.
"And you don't have one."

Rishab walked down towards her with the same smile saying,
"We don't have time for your looks right now. Hurry up!"

Swara rolled her eyes, and she followed him mumbling his words with a crooked face in annoyance. Taking a few steps, Rishab looked back at her and then he suddenly evaporated to flow quickly to the palace. Looking at him, Swara also converted into a gust of wind and blew faster than Rishab, on her way, disbalancing him and then she wrapped the vapours into her speed and hurried.
As soon as they landed at a safe spot in the palace, taking his shape, Rishab glared at her.
"Don't you dare do that again!"

Swara smiled,
"Do what?"

Being involved with their bickering, she looked around at the calm palace. It was late at night. The white walls of the extraordinarily designed palace seemed to look silver under the light of the moon. The palace, even without any fireballs was glimmering. The place seemed untouched by mankind, but it was all an exorbitant creation of mankind. Such an extreme calm! All the handrails were made out of wood, all loaded with flowers while large creepers were hanging like curtains from the balconies and at the doors. Every arched entry had a flower arch at its linings, while the entire palace had an alcoholic peace of the smell of night-blooming jasmine. Swara took in a deep breath while Rishab was telling her 'How dare you blew me with your winds? I can and I was moving at my pace. You didn't have to take control of me. Don't you dare show off your magic in front of me... Bloody hell! Are you even listening?'
Swara was smiling,
"How mesmerizing this place is! I'd do anything to live here. Can't believe this can be someone's home."

Rishab frowned,
"It's my home. I live here. I've grown up here... And, let me tell you, it's pretty chaotic to live here. This peace is just because it's too late to cause restlessness. Otherwise, no one can even breathe here the way you just inhaled the whole world inside yourself."

Swara closed her eyes and internally ignored everything he said.
"So, where can we find... Who are we here to find?"

"My father.
This way please."

Rishab led her through the outskirts of the palace toward the Minister Quarters where the main ministers lived. It was a giant circular hall that connected about ten giant doors out of which, Rishab knocked one. The door opened itself and he looked back at Swara saying,
"Be quiet, he might be busy. He might be angry. Or maybe sleeping. Maybe with the King. I don't know. I'll see."