Epilogue

Epilogue

"It's all just the same.
She's got the same face, those eyes, are just the same. They are brown, glow blue, calm, hypnotising, magical, scary, and glow. Golden!
She's her. She's got that same look, voice, magic, powers, nature and anger. Disaster! It's a disaster!
She's back! But, who is she? Princess, that's fine, but now, who?
Oh God! She's back! You've sent her! She'll kill everyone. She is her only. I can never, never forget that face, that voice, that powers I've deceived. I've deceived. She's here for me. To take revenge! I'll die. Everyone will die!
She's back!"

"Who's back, Pandit ji?" (Hindi term to address a priest)

The priest never turned back. He kept his eyes still on his God in the dark room, illuminated with one huge central diya.
"Chaitanya! She! She is back!"

The King. The substitute King who didn't get the crown because his brother left behind his daughter to ascend the throne. He was devastated. He might have left the battlefield, but he saw everything. And was now angry and scared.
"You told me my brother should be removed from the throne, he wasn't worthy, I trusted you. I made everything happen to cut his power. Even got... I've done something but I've forgotten.
You said, my brother will soon die, it's written in his destiny, and I'll become the King, I believed in you.
You said that his wife will not survive, I trusted you.
You said they all died, even their child. I trusted you.
So then, who returned today? And how did you not know about it?
You're the most powerful person in all realms. Isn't it true? You've been meditating from even before this world was made. Right? Then how? How come you never felt her presence? How come you couldn't make the crown mine?
I trusted you in everything. I kept you even before my brother. And when this world and I needed you, you ran away like a coward. Who was that girl? She. Need. Not. Live. She's a threat to this world, to me, to everything. But, you ran away!
Did you see your death in that girl?"

The priest had been quiet but now he turned back, his eyes all puffy as if he had been staring into fire for the past hour.
"Yes! I saw my death in that girl! And you should see yours as well. She... She is our princess now. She will come back. She will! She... She hates me. I've deceived her.
She is my dead. And... I will die!"

"What are you saying?"

The priest got up, his behaviour looking scary, his steps swaying like an alcoholic. He raised both his hands up to God and started laughing loudly, his haunting voice echoing through the pillars of the temple.
"Death! Death! Death has come! We all will die! They will die ! I will die! You will die! Death!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued in second part of
AISHA: The Cursed Name