Chapter -26 If I Could Touch

If I Could Touch

From Aisha's point of view~

The school wasn't quiet tonight. Here and there were groups of people talking to each other. I felt awkward when a few people started staring at me in horror. By now, the incident on the battlefield has spread to the entire school. I had just covered a distance from my door to the stairs and all were just looking at me. A few juniors ran away calling me a monster. I was used to that word by now but then I heard something new.

"She is not just cursed, she knows dark magic."

At this moment, I would have felt good if had any dark magic but to my dismay, I still held no powers. In the past months, I have visited 'The Pillars' twice and returned the way I went there, magic-less. But, I don't know, both times something did happen. It was like visiting that place planted a seed of confidence in me, at least. I know, I would have never been able to do what I did today. I have another thing I need to think about and find out. How did I defend myself?

But, the thing I need to do right now is that I have to see Siddharth and get a few things clear. Maybe he would be capable of answering me but if not, I will let that be. I need to make sure he is okay. Although I need to know why he has turned so cold towards me. But, I'm fine taking it slow. I'm fine allowing him time to recover.

So, how am I gonna make it to the hospital through these people looking at me like that? I don't think I will be able to enter the room like that. I wish these people just go off to sleep at any cause and I don't have to see these ill faces. They look so annoying.

But my life, it's a roller coaster! I am to see the most diseased face, the headmistress. She talks to me so politely that it makes me feel so special but her words are just the opposite of her nature. She is a living example of irony.

Once again, I see a familiar face, Shashwat. It was sort of a relief to see someone I have lived on good terms with, but I was a fool to think that he would be kind to me anymore. He was about five metres away from me when he called my name and informed me about the call from the office. As I took a step forward he stepped back and then excused himself saying that I knew the way to the office by now.

He was so unkind! He was... So scared!

I reached the office and pushed the giant door. And as I had imagined, a diseased face of the headmistress, turned to face me.
"So are the rumours true?"

Does she doubt it? Anyways, I couldn't convert them. They were true and I agreed with them.
"This is so heartbreaking my dear. Despite having powers you are capable of scaring people away. Can you explain, how did you managed to pick up his sword?"

Exactly! I can't. And I really wish I could shout it out on her face but, her ironic look pulled me back from being wild. She was looking at me with so much disappointment filled in her eyes, and... Maybe sympathy? I don't know if that's what I see on her face. I soberly looked at her and said,
"I wish I had an explanation but I'm sorry Ma'am, I don't know anything. I don't know a single thing that could help me to understand myself. If you comprehend any single question of mine, I would be under you forever."

"We are not making a deal child. It's a serious case and will be presented in court if Ishan complains. He is a very close relative of Rishab. Picking up a personal weapon of someone, unwilling to devote it to you can not happen. But you did it, no one is eligible for doing it, no one!"

She had interrupted me but left me completely blank. Right, I know about it. I read it in the third year's book. But now, what am I supposed to do? I can't stop him from complaining and I just can't erase his memories. Can I? Or maybe, I could summon him to never pick up this topic. But, that's impossible, I just can't do that.