Chapter -22 The Loud Delights

The Loud Delights

Days went by. Aisha isolated herself. She showed up only during classes and rarely at meals. Aisha spent her maximum time studying. Now, her leisure is utilised in the library where she collected the old book and tried to cover up all her missed syllabus.
However, she stole some time to discover the secret about her name, her eyes and her incapability of doing magic. But, she found nothing valuable. Every day she was burdened by the chapters of her seventh year which was hard to understand without studying the old books.

Within four months she had covered the syllabus she had missed in the past six years. She was feeling blessed to have the ability to read and understand things very quickly. But now this ability was also a question for her. She felt strange among the Mayavi who lacked that power she had.
In the past months, she had not again flashed her eyes golden to anyone's knowledge. She often wakes up suddenly from her sleep at night and had seen her eyes glow in the mirror. But she hadn't spoken of it. In the past few months, she had turned thinner, weaker, yet wiser. She had agreed with her destiny and proven herself to be an orphan child in every eye. Although she was one, she never disclosed the secret about the Rawat family. She had successfully drawn a very sober and quiet image of herself. Most people started to pity her. Aisha had grown fond of her friends however she used to keep them away. She just wanted to stay out of everything. She wanted to stay away from everyone.

She had subtracted herself from all the useless arguments, events and things which she considered to be a waste of time. She now flees when Rishab came to her way. She ignored his hateful comments and humiliating taunts. She used to brush them off easily proving that it hardly bothered her or rather, she had turned deaf. This infuriated him a lot but maintained a cool between the two because what made him go mad was a reply that she wasn't giving. She was just... Quiet.

Now, Siddharth and Rishab had also sorted their last fight, not that they didn't hate each other. Yes, they did! If ever they would find an opportunity to get rid of the other, they would surely grab it even if it meant killing the other. They left not even a single circumstance to argue. But now their arguments were rarely concerned about Aisha. Nisha had made her space back in Siddharth's life as a friend and was trying to become more than it. But, now he was also quieter. He was rarely seen, and when seen, he always looked weary. As if he hadn't had a peaceful sleep for nights. But, he was him, the one who can fool the world with his smile, with his charm, with his words and if nothing, his magic. He was a free Mayavi, eighteen, and very powerful.

There, Aisha had made good allies with a few more people from all the houses. Now, fewer people hated her. Many had accepted her as an exceptional case. She had successfully made space for herself. Nevertheless, no one usually stayed with her for long. There were still many people who loved to blow off the mending road of her life. Least people bothered to talk to her or ever reply to her in the fear of mostly Rishab and partly their beliefs. Rishab had threatened people to let her rot alone. Yet, she had a handful of good and fearless souls to smile with.

Namrata mostly sat with Aisha in the library, she too was a bookworm. Many times she helped Aisha connect her abilities and inabilities. Yet they had come up with no conclusion. Aisha also had new friends, Mridula, Keshav and Ibrahim.

Mridula was a Bhoo Mayavi girl. She had been good at all the subjects and many times she helped Aisha with hers.
Keshav was a Pavan Mayavi, a tall lad with a pale face and huge eyes. He had a keen interest in literature and met Aisha in the library itself. Although he was older than her, he liked her company. He like the way she talked, thought, and understood things. He liked her zeal to create space between the people who aren't accepting her due to her differences. He liked... Everything about her.