Chapter -2 The Journey Into

The Journey Into

The sight she saw was completely different from what she had expected. Though, she had expected nothing. The ability to think and reason out was lost the moment she lost her identity.

She was standing in the middle of a road, all her stuff kept neatly by her. What she saw was a road that lead to a port. Only one boat she could see when her eyes pondered upon her father. Her father stood a few steps away from her, only a shadow visible in the dark. Aisha approached him saying,
"What place is this? We were in the..."

She was cut off when he kept his hand on her shoulder saying,
"This is home. My home, your home, home to all like us!"

Aisha had the most perplexed expression when she uttered,
"Will you please explain what you mean by 'people like us'? I mean, I'm done hearing this again and again."

She saw the slightest smile on his face when he said,
"This is a world full of people who possess powers. People who can order nature to curve to their demand. Aisha, you are one of them. I'm one of them. You can also force a natural element to go by your order like me, as I can control water."

With a sudden movement of his hand, he forced a ball full of glowing water to appear in his hand as Aisha gazed at his face with terror. He looked pale but fair. His normal black hair now had a blue streak of hair curling from his front roots. His eyes were glowing blue when he said,
"Well you could have known this earlier, but I am forbidden here. I've been banished. There are certain rules I broke hence they forbade me from getting in."

Aisha sobbed when she looked ahead when he continued,
"This world, it's called Mayalok. All living here are Mayavis. I'm a Mayavi, and so are you. This is one world with magic.
I can't walk with you further. I wish I could, but I can't. Go and sit on that boat, you'll be taken to the school. This place is kind, it will serve your needs. Rest all will be handled by her, the headmistress. You are soon to learn a lot."

Aisha looked at the glittering river in front of her. To both her sides was just darkness. It was like a dusty road in the middle of nowhere. The place where her father stood had nothing behind him. She could feel if she'd ever fall off the track she will always and forever keep falling. And, something like this was her wish for now.
She lacked words, so few of them that she couldn't build up a question even. She wiped her tears to look into his eyes when he smiled,
"Go ahead, Aisha! I don't want to say this, but remember what you said, there is nothing before Aisha and nothing after it. You know, this will help us live as a family forever. Let no one know of your past. Be safe and alert dear. Make the right choice of every path you choose. And, don't let anyone get so close to you that they recognize you. You are more precious than anyone here, but, don't let the preciousness glimmer too much. A human might not take away your ability, but magic could. Darkness could.
You will understand what I mean. You are soon to know yourself. Now go, take care."

Aisha couldn't say anything but pull him into her arms before she left. He walked to the boat and helped her luggage in while placing the little ball of glowing water in the lantern case to keep her journey enlightened. She held back her tears, not letting them flow. Her deep breaths were audible in the silence around the moving river when she left him and walked ahead. She sat in the little wooden carrier, filling her father's appearance in her eyes. She closed them and turned around to not look back and continue the path her life was taking her to.

Soon she felt the cool breezes calming her and she swayed with the soft music of the water. She opened her eyes as she admired the beauty around her. She was sitting in a wooden boat. It was not like the boats she has seen before. It was uniquely small. All her things were loaded in it and yet she could feel as if she could dance about the place. It had no blades or motor, it flowed smoothly over the tumbling waves. She allowed her hand in the shiny blue water and sighed as the cold current ran through her veins, bringing her relief.