Chapter -4 The Curse Come True

The Curse Come True

The headmistress walked forward in the centre golden platform and welcomed everyone with a graceful salute and then she started to address the gathering. The place was very holy. The area being enchanted allowed her voice to echo around. She required no mic or magic to be audible to everyone.

"Good morning, the Royal Highness, his queens and the minister. It's a very pleasant day we celebrate every year, allowing our young Mayavis to discover that hidden ability in them. I am grateful for your presence in blessing this sacred ceremony. Thank you, thank you so much for this grace."

Saying this, she faced the new children saying,
"Uttamlok, it's a beautiful world of people chosen by God to be better. We are ahead of those humans because God had faith in us, and Magic had faith in us. We have this ability because we belong to the tribe, Magic created.
Years ago our young ones lost the ability to express their magic. But, we were born with this. It was always there. It was just about a matter of time before the magic remained asleep. Till one turns eighteen. But, we, this entire world are thankful to Maya Raj Aryan Kashyap who ascended the throne at fifteen but, then gave up to find magic. His strong belief that a king without power is a puppet of the ministers, helped him successfully reach out to God and fix or bring some relief to the continued legacy. He meditated, on this land to raise it above the other. Only much space provides magic to you. But, so much, it does.
And today, you all are to discover what destiny has chosen for you else you would have waited for years. Here, in this holy place, you'll learn your true self. In the name of all our ancestors and the ones who have left this behind, I would like you all to pray."

She fell quiet, stepping back, when a group of priests walked on the stage and formed a circle around the golden platform. Joining their hands, they uttered a few Mantras and lit up diyas in front of the four pillars, offering flowers and holy water there. Aisha had a lot of faith in God and prayers. She was praying from the bottom of her heart for a better life ahead. After the prayer, the headmistress came back to the stage. Her face had a calm glow and a broad grin.

"I would now invite our priest, I am glad to tell you that he has returned from the tour and is here to bless this ceremony."

An old man, wrapped in an unstitched garment of orange walked onto the stage. He had a bald head with a crest and green eyes. He had a brown appearance and wrinkled skin. Although he looked tall and sturdy, his voice had a little shiver in it. He cleared his throat before he spoke.

"Good morning, everyone. I feel good returning. Although travelling Earth is such a relief, as the holy feet of Gods and Goddesses have touched it. The air out there is not as pure as it was but the feeling of his existence makes the barren land yield goodness. Since it's a good time for a spiritual ceremony, I must not allow wasting another second. Now, I announce to begin the ceremony."

'So this man, he is the priest. Doesn't look so holy. I have a strong sentiment that he might have taken a getup but is not a priest by caste. The look in his eyes seems violently known. However, who am I to judge him by his looks? Duh! I'm considering nonsense.'

After brushing away the weird feeling about the priest, Aisha was wondering what was it that they considered Earth so aback. Why are they discriminating the humans now and then? But Aisha soon was pulled out as the first name was called out and a little girl walked up and stood in the centre of the Golden platform.

Aisha was keenly looking at her when the headmistress said,
"Look at the four symbols, feel the growing power in you. Raise your hands and feel strong. Close your eyes and focus on the energy flowing through your veins. Stay focused and think of the sacred power you may possess."