Chapter -11 The Poison Lesson

The Poison Lesson

Aisha spent most of her time with her new friends. However, she wasn't prevented from being the centre of focus as everyone was badmouthing her. But she didn't face any big arguments.

Later during the day, most of the professors accepted her as their student and tried helping her where she lagged. And then they had their last class for the day, 'Poisons', a completely different and new topic. Though it could resemble chemistry since all the past years students have studied chemicals including a fine amount of magical ingredients which were used to make poisonous substances.

It was taught by an old lady who was a powerful Bhoo Mayavi. She had a vast knowledge of trees and animals. Her physical appearance doesn't support her age however, she held that position for more than eighty years. She kept long black hair and allowed her streak of green to be pinned in a puff. She had light green eyes and a brown complexion. Dressed in a knee-length green frock, she wore a black pair of leggings under it. Not many ornamentations on her outer appearance made her look sober.

During the session she politely welcomed Aisha. Everyone settled in pairs and once again Aisha took a back seat.
"Oh! No, my dear. I won't let you sit there. You need help, this subject is not easy to get through alone. I want you to be right here, in front of me."

She kept her hand on the front desk and indicated to the boy sitting there to give him space. As he looked back, Aisha realised his face, Lochan? He glared at Aisha when they switched places. Taking his seat her eyes fell over Rishab who had a cruel smug on his face and true hatred in his eyes. Aisha wasn't pleased with her seat and partner but she didn't want to mess up the lesson before it started.

"So my dear! This lesson is very important. And especially for you! Since you possess no magic right now, it's good to build your potential in making and using poisons. Now, poison doesn't only mean a source to kill someone, no! Poison can be used in many ways. On Earth poison has a different definition. But here, poison can be used as medicine, a weapon, a charm and many other things. We call them poisons, one, because all of them at least contain one poisonous thing, and two. After all, it's been called so since ever and so named by the maker. All you need to know is how to make, use and differentiate them."

Aisha had a smile on her face when the teacher walked close to her desk and said,
"Rishab, he is the best help I can offer you.
(looking at Rishab) I expect you to help Aisha understand poisons. You can stay here after the class and tell her the basics."

Rishab gulped, as he wanted to decline the given duty. But looking forward to his good position in the class he agreed. Aisha held her head in her hand cursing,
'Well, what in the world could be worse than sitting here with this boy after class and torturing me with his comments? No matter how good he is in his subjects I would not like his help neither today nor in future.'

She was right there listening to the lecture and glancing at the book. There were very few things she was being able to relate to. However, she sat enthusiastically and paid her best attention to the lesson. It was about the two poisons which had no cure, namely white and black poison. However, their technical terms were 'Pak Vish' (pure poison) and 'Mrityu Vish' (death poison) respectively.

"So, the Pak Vish is made out of pure and lively substances. The main component is the 'Tree Poison'. This poison can eliminate the effect of any poison but the black poison. This poison has never caused deaths but had treated many. Even severe injuries can also be healed within seconds. This poison is capable of breaking the charm of any spell or potion. Can someone give me an example?"

In no time Rishab stood up and with a smile on his face he uttered,
"In the biographies of Rulers and their Ministers, it has been mentioned that a valuable amount of it was made before the war and was used to cure the injured of the king and the ministers. It was very useful during the war on earth and was very useful to heal the Mayavi who were harmed by humans and the tantriks."