Chapter -28 My City

My City

Aisha returned to her room. A heavy burden had been pulled down from her heart and she was feeling calm. But now she was alone, with no friends and no enemies. It was just her. She had to stay like that for a month now. She walked around her bed and sat on the windowsill from where she could see till the beautiful horizon of Maya Lok.

There were just countable students around. Her eyes were gaping at the scattered forest, recalling her of her days in Mussoorie. She had a keen love for forests but here it was different. They were not just any forest, they were magical forests. She would have loitered around but she knew it was not safe for her going to face magic without having any. So she held back and decided to poke her nose into books and not in any sort of adventuring.

................

Moving through the library, Aisha's eyes specifically searched for old books. She had gone to the higher sections where large and thick books, covered under layers of dust were kept. Her eyes fell upon many curious names. She picked up an old book and issued it, heading back to her room. Her hands were burdened by the weight of a large book which was almost the size of her entire upper body.

Thump! She banged the book on her table and sat on her chair.
"So, I've got something and I hope that this would turn out to be something informative. Discover your magic, I hope this book will help me find something related to why I don't have magic or how I can have it."

The book was old, making the edges of the yellow paper fragile. It was torn and folded at niches. The text was small and in Hindi. Aisha didn't take much time and she quickly flipped over pages.

The pure form of magic

The magic which is called pure is the true nature of magic. These powers can be acquired and can also be self-developed. The possessors of such powers are mostly in bulk.

The purest form of magic is stored in magic stones and elements. There are many crowns and jewels which hold the pure form of magic. A few such objects became very powerful and became the source of magic.

Like the Mayavi, the magic held by one is in its pure state. It is a grant of the stones. This enchantment is passed on by blood and also by ability. A decedent of a Mayavi is sure to be a magic bearer however, the powers will be granted by the stones as per their ability. Rare humans also break free of the ties of Mortality and are blessed by the Magic Stones. This is also a part of Pure magic.

Tantriks are accused of doing dark magic but the powers of Tantra and Mantra are included in the category of Pure magic. Performing Tantra is not always a part of dark arts. Sometimes they are performed with holy hearts and sacred sacrifices. The magic held by Tantriks is ways too small in comparison to the Mayavis but then they also have the capability of holding Dark Magic which makes them powerful.

Wizards need a medium to perform their magic. Their magic is a collaboration and is possible due to the unity of their head and wands. Very few wizards can perform magic without wands and that magic is not a part of Pure Magic. Their magic remains pure until they perform any dark spells. The bigger part of their magic is pure but wizards raised from the level of purity to create dark spells, being influenced by the Tantriks after the War of Kingdoms.

During that era, they confronted dark magic which was hard to be defeated by them. Later they hid and made their secret place to live. There they gave birth to their Dark magic, the Non-pure form of Magic. Although the magic of the wizards has extreme limits which forbid them to stand in power with the others.