Chapter -10 The Restless Night

The Restless Night

Aisha threw herself into her bed and closed her eyes. Breathing deeply, she allowed all her thoughts to creep into her head. It had been a day in this new world. She somehow survived it. A tear found its way out of her left eye as she tilted her head.
Voices were echoing in her head, the way she was being teased, the conversation of her parents and the accusations at the ceremony.

'She is cursed!
She is not a normal human!
She doesn't belong here!
She has that cursed name!
She is a monster!
Tell her what a devil she is!
She will become a known threat!
Miss Nameless!
She will become what you would like to kill to live!
She is not a human!
And I would not like a reply from an egoistic cursed girl who has no magic but still is here!
You are no less than a traitor!
Is she a true devil?
She is cursed!
A devil!'

And she got up, breathing heavily she placed her hand on her ears to stop the echoes from eating her soul. She wiped her tears trying to relax and said,
"No! You can't break down Aisha. You shouldn't be crying, it's your destiny. You need to accept yourself the way you are. No one, no one is so powerful to break you."

She was speaking to herself when she felt a piercing pain in her left hand. Glancing at it, she discovered a small cut behind her thumb. It seemed to look fresh and she had no clue where she got it. Little blood dripped out as she quickly went to wash it. Placing her hand under the cold tap water, the injury was well visible and the blood was cleaned off. She ran her finger over it and then pressed it lightly. She felt the pain.

Searching her room for the first aid box, she found it in her wardrobe. She was puzzled and unaware of the medicines placed in the box. Yet she figured it out and medicated her wound.
"This place is giving me tremors! I don't know how long will it take for me to learn to live here."

She changed her clothes and quickly slipped into her bed. She carried a book she issued from the Astrology class. And tried to understand the basics of it. She spent the next two hours poking her nose into the book when she started to feel sleepy and tired. She placed the book on the side table and then pulled the blanket over her. However, as her eyes fell over the hovering fireballs and lamps, the light soon vanished to allow darkness.

"Good night Aisha!"
She said to herself and soon was asleep.

The weather out was cold. There were strong winds and a slight downpour. However, it was pleasant.

...............

Aisha walked through the playground of her old school. Familiar faces were around her. Teachers she was used to and students she considered as friends. Boys and Girls running around, walking in groups and couples. The school building stood in front of her and she saw a girl sitting near the stage.
"Madhuri?"

A thin girl with a fair face and black eyes ran into her. She had dark, short hair and wore spectacles. She wrapped around her neck and said,
"You didn't even come to see me the last time. You are so awful! I could never think that you, my only friend could go away forever and won't even tell me about it."

Aisha hugged her back and said,
"I'm sorry Madhu! I had no choice, I didn't know where I was going. If I were to know what I was I would have never done this. But it all came over me like a tragic shock."

She took a long pause after which she detached and looked into Madhuri's eyes saying,
"I'm not gone forever! I'll be back to meet you."