Chapter 28

"Budo,you're skipping work for the third day now.Go,I'll stay with her till she wakes up"

Budo shakes his head,"No,I'm fine and I already called in and handed over my cases for this week to someone else"Mina sigh helpless as she looked down at Budo who was sitting in the same chair watching over Ayano,she haven't woken up yet.They found traces of another substance that she eating the food Tomomi gave her but have been unable to identify what it is.Budo since then have been stubborn on not leaving her side until she wakes up,he'll go away to get a quick shower or food but it's never longer then 10 minutes.

She shook her head and glanced towards Ayano,carrying her own worries about her but been helping Sho since he was released to go back home.They ended up needing to pump his stomach and keep overnight when he suddenly went into cardiac arrest.Budo did come to comfort Mina that night but when Monday came and Ayano was still unresponsive he started to become more protective of her,almost scared that she would be taken away again.

Mina walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder,"You know both Sho and I are here if you want to talk about anything.I know you were alone with Tomomi before the police showed up,did they say anything to you?"She asked,Budo shook his head,"No,I'm just scared if I'm far away she'll be taken again"he admits softly,Mina bites the inside of her cheek before crouching down to rest her head against his arm,"We both are then"

Sho walks in and gives both of them a small wave,"My appointment is done,I'm going to be making some calls then we can head out,Kay?"Sho asked Mina,she looks over to him and nods,"Yeah,I'll be here"She smiled at him.Sho flashed a quick cheeky grin before disappeared again.Budo shoves Mina softly wiggling his brows,"What is going on there?"Budo teased,Mina rolls her eyes,"Nothing unusual,we just came clear about a few things"She spoke with a half smile and a faint blush,Budo chuckled,"When's the wedding"He continued to tease and stick his tongue out to her.Mina pouts as she flicks his nose.

"Dont be stupid,Sho and I aren't anything now.And with everything going on at the moment,I'm to worried about Ayano and what happens with Tomomi to think about a relationship,maybe later" She responded,Budo glanced back to Ayano,"Are you going to come clean with her when she's awake?"Mina asked as she looked to Ayano as well.Budo shakes his head,"She knows how I feel about her,I won't do anything until she's recovered fully from the whole Tomomi drama.I won't blame her if she doesn't want much to do with relationships and romance"Budo smiled at Ayano but still a spark of hurt in his smile.

Mina sighs,"So how has my room be treating you the last few days?"Budo asked looking back up to Mina,"Barely using it,Sho refuses to sleep unless I'm with him in his room"She giggled at the thought,"If you use my room or not I'm not really bothered,as long you don't stay in your apartment until both Ayano and I are back in the building.There's more people Tomomi was working with and we don't know if they want to come after one of us next"He says,Mina nods,"As far as I know Tomomi is still in custody.Something about waiting for their lawyer?"Mina informs Budo.

Budo hums as Sho peaks into the room and walk inside the greet Budo with a fist bump.He then moves to wrap a arm around Mina's shoulder looking over to Ayano,"The result came in and they still can't identify what else was in the food she ate.Seems like a new drug,paired with the LSD seems to knock the person out badly"He spoke up,but Mina noticed how tense he was.She glanced up to him,Sho looking to her from the side and shacks his head.Mina stays quiet and looks back to Ayano,"I guess we should probably get going then"She said.

Mina greets Budo with a hug followed by Sho with his own as the pair left.As they stepped out the room and closed the door Mina frowned at Sho,"What's up?"She questioned him quickly,Sho press his lips into a thin line as he rubs his neck,"Sho,if it has anything to do with Ayano,just tell me"She spoke up keeping a fixed eye on Sho,"Tomomi is free"His words just above a whisper.Mina froze in her steps as she stared at him.