Chapter 5

edited by: asyssj from Ao3

Just as you predicted, the news about this 'niece' spread like wildfire. Some of the teachers have already heard the rumors and confronted Doffy and Rosinante about this 'niece'.

Thankfully, Those two only indulge their gossip and speculation. But you were worried, since In Geography class... Crocodile has been giving you stares every now and then.

No one noticed it except you, but you remained silent through the whole staring thing.

"All of you brats should prepare for the quiz for next week. Make sure to study your notes," he said, packing his things. Hearing that you let chopper down, as he and Ussop go and have lunch.

When all are busy going out, "You stay," Crocodile directed to you.

'I was planning too, anyway.'

***

"For the quiz next week, you will take it after all your classes," Crocodile said to you in the now empty classroom. "And while they are taking classes, I'll excuse you to be out."

"Is it because of the seat arrangement? Do you think I would cheat?"

"To avoid cheating in class, yes. Besides there are those... rumors you had about you."

"I am the root of that rumor anyway. Just to stir this and that," you said, unbothered.

Crocodile look at you, "Tell me... Why did you go to Rosinante first?"

You don't have an exact reason for it. Except, "Mom really loves to see Uncle Rosi after he graduated in the marines. She never gets the chance, since I was still a baby at that time, and when she does, Doflamingo would be within a mile radius."

Crocodile knew how Doffy was hysterical when the alpha's sister brought out a disownership paper.

"It's been a while since I actually saw that beta," Crocodile said.

"And Mom said that Uncle Doffy's type has improved drastically since she knew about you too."

"She knew?" Crocodile flabbergasted/stuttered.

"Since the beginning according to her."

"I see... you are dismissed," he said.

***

Rosinante sighs, "Are you still mad?"

"Why yes, I am," the last part, Doffy said in a serious manner, making the younger one flinch.

"I am at peace when she comes... I never even thought she would go to me," Rosi defended.

"Quit it, Doffy," another alpha came. Crocodile can smell the hinted scent of rage coming from his lover.

"It's because of (M/n) why she went to Rosinante first."

The rage just grew stronger, "YOU ARE JUST PUTTING GAS ON THE FIRE!"

***

"We saw Doffy-sensei yesterday!" Peng said to you.

"Really?" You act as if you are not the very reason why that alpha went to some shabby cafe.

"He is introducing his niece to Law for some reason."

Widening your eyes, "Doffy-sensei has a niece?"

"I know, right? How could that be? His only sibling is Cora-san, who is Law's adopted father," Shachi.

Taking in the new information, you murmured, "I see... but some rumors said that Donquixote has another family member."