Chapter 39

Eris is not dumb and noticing something is quietly changing.

Law seems to be distant, Zoro has been talking more to Luffy.

Even Vivi, seems to be not engaging to her like she always do.

"What should I do, Regan?"

Regan and him are meeting up from time to time. "Hmmm...Red and Blue is starting soon, so maybe they are busy"

"But that doesn't mean they have to ignore me!"

The beta sigh, "well, I am here...so might as well tell me what is going on"

"Cannot be help...Even Ace is busy...they normally accompany me", she pouted.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"Some people are avoiding me...what if sooner or later...all of them...avoid me?", Eris asked.

"I know someone said to me once...", Regan started. "Even if you lose everything...from pawn to Queen...if your King isn't down... You can turn the tables to your favor"

"Geez, that person seems to be so smart...", Eris.

"They are...really smart...I admire that person you see...so much...that I am willing to side the other team so things will be interesting", he said.

Eris look at Regan, "what are you talking about?"

"Don't worry to much, Eris. I will be on your side no matter how many you lost", Regan said.

'Yeah...Regan swore to me...he will not betray me'

***

"Marimo, you are acting pretty weird lately", Sanji said.

"Am I?"

"Don't talk like that...ever since you lost that eye...I feel like you are acting like Luffy", Sanji said.

"No, I am not", Zoro denied it and continue training.

"Did that Beta--", Sanji stopped when Zoro look at him.

"You and Luffy have gone nuts...what? You will do what Luffy did too?", Sanji.

"What Luffy did is not his fault...it is his instinct as an Alpha"

"What a Joke...the other day you are siding that what Luffy said is disgraceful...now look at you", Sanji. "Eris-swan is that person..."

"You don't know that...Eris did not even know what 'that' person did...or has a basic idea about 'that' person", Zoro.

"What are you trying to say? We will ask if she is really 'that' person?", Sanji.

***

A proverb or a quotation once said, 'Tiny pebbles can move boulders'.

"Eris-swan... I am curious about something", Sanji said.

Jinbei is looking at you, as if asking...'you did something'

"What is it Sanji?", Eris asked.

Sanji made a gesture...'I am Coby's stalker...I don't want him to get hurt. and...you guys seems to be always glaring at him lately', which is the hand gesture you made when they cornered you back then.

'what will Eris say?'

"U-uh...", Eris look troubled for a moment. "I am not well versed with Sign language..."

'and that right there...will be your downfall...', you smiled.

Even Eris felt everyone's eyes on her the moment she said those answer.