Chapter 6

edited by: asyssj from Ao3

The sudden news made every student shocked to the core. As soon as the body was found, the news spread like fire.

Roger, who looks at the body while being taken care of by the students in charge of the clinic, gives a serious look. But as soon as he reached his office he smiled, knowing who did it.

"Now that you lost the omega, you caused this scene?"

***

You were dragged by Peng and Shachi to the clinic, as they proceeded to Law's command.

Even though you were in a boiler suit too, Law still looks at you. "You new?" He asked.

"Yes."

He remained silent, "Don't make mistakes... I need this examined ASAP."

***

Law looked at the body peculiarly, it was the first time in this school to have an actual dead body.

Though this was not his first time seeing one.

In this world, being bound by pheromones, you will always find one in no time. How every murder will be solved in a matter of minutes because of the lingering pheromones.

But this... no other scent other than the alpha in the bed was found. Not even a trace of fingerprints.

Peculiar marking of struggle and some bruises here and there. This Alpha was killed from choking. There were also signs of stabs, due to the wounds from the leg, but not enough to kill.

So the most rational reason here... was this alpha was killed due to being overpowered by another person.

But this person... he is a six-foot alpha. How can that be possible?

***

You look at the body one more time, the stabs on the legs.

"Help me–"

The choke marks on the neck.

"B-bast--Kuhhh-tard–"

You look at your hands one more time. "Remember, niece of mine, you just need one swoop to your target, and proceed to choke them. Guns and stabs may do the killing, but choking your target will make people think that the assailant is some tough guy... and not some beta."

You smiled under your mask, even though Uncle Rosi is against it, Uncle Doffy made a good pointer.

When you left the clinic, Rayleigh came after you. "He is calling you," he said.

***

Law looks around. They are finally done with the outcome of the autopsy. "I was not informed that there is a new nurse," Law said to Peng.

"Yes! We recently taught her things about what we do, and I think Shachi and I both agree she qualifies. I hope you don't mind, Captain," Peng said.

"Not really... if this person never becomes a burden in the future, sure. Though I never got her name," Law asked.

"Oh wait here," Peng ran to Shachi and asked something while the other looked around and now shrugged his shoulders.

Peng jogged back with Shachi, "I guess she left earlier. I saw her talking to someone and walked off somewhere," Shachi said.

"I see... Make sure I meet her next time," Law said. Now looking at the autopsy, he narrowed down the possible culprit for this murder.

***