Lando Norris/Max Fewtrell- Why her 2

As Max sits getting more nervous, Lando can't help but laugh. "Why did you even convince me that this was a good idea!!" He moans at Lando.
"Did you actually say double date to her? No wonder she's not here. I told you! She doesn't see me like that. Why would she?"

Lando shakes his head. "Yes I did you muppet. Now stop stressing. She text me the exact same you just said. Her next placement is down in London. So I've told her to stay with you.. if she wants too and she didn't say no." Lando laughs at Max's face. "She's knows it's me and not you interested right?" Max asks.
"Like I've not spoken to her properly since the kiss." Lando rolls his eyes. "Why haven't you spoken to muppet here properly?" Lando asks someone behind him.
Max looks around at y/n who is behind him. "How much of that did you hear?" He asks her, almost blushing and mentally strangling himself.
"Most of it. Of course I know it's for you. I've just been busy sorting out the stupid secret Santa.. and finishing an essay. Plus you haven't text me." Max goes almost shy, a side he hasn't shown anyone.

She sits next to him and bumps his knee with hers, making him jump. "What's wrong?" Lando asks him, laughing. Which makes max go bright red. "Why do you hang out with us? Don't you ever think you are better than us intellectually?" Lando asks y/n. She nods her head, the first time she has ever done it.
"What? You being serious?" Lando isn't sure he likes this version of her. When she isn't trying to please him anymore.
"Yeah. I come to you for stupid dumb fun. Not to research different medical ideas. Why?" Lando pouts at her, which makes Max laugh.
"I don't know if I should be offended? So are you actually here for a date type thing or just getting dinner with us?" Max feels stupid asking. But he feels as though he's got his hopes up and she has completely changed.
His stomach churns and he feels so sick. "Y/n? You need to answer him. You can't leave him hanging." Lando chimes in almost feeling guilty.

"I'm here on a date. I think, Lando's text wasn't quite sure. What it was either. Will we nip outside and chat?" She asks Max. But he isn't sure he is able too. But y/n is already up and walking outside. "Good luck mate." Lando laughs, almost feeling guilty that he asked the question. Making no effort to not watch y/n and Max outside.

Max looks at y/n worrying what is about to be said. "What do you want to talk about?" He refuses to look up and trying to not listen properly.
"Nothing.. just wanted a minute without him. Watching us and stirring the pot between us." Max looks over his shoulder. "He's still very much watching us. Probably more now... yep as I thought." Max gasps as y/n kisses him. "Did you mean what you said? You only come out with us for dumb relief?" Y/n nods her head, crushing him.
"It doesn't mean I don't enjoy spending time with you..." Max starts to smile. "Just me? Not.. him?"
Y/n shakes her head. "Why? You don't think I still want stuff with him do you?" Max doesn't reply. "Max!! Look." Y/n pulls her phone out of her pocket and shows him her Home Screen. Once upon a time it was always Lando and her. But now he takes pride of place.
"Jeez that is serious... king Norris has been dethroned." Max tries to tease her about it. But his smile says how he feels, almost perfectly.
"So what does it mean? Are we together? Or what?" He asks her. "Well I'm here tonight just for you. Not him."
Max raises his brow almost not believing her. "Prove it again." He smirks, as he knows PDA isn't her thing. Or is it.

They hold hands walking back into the restaurant, Max taking the lead. "You two sorted now?" Lando asks them. "Yeah. All good. How are you two?" Lando is shocked with how little both of them are saying. "Nah your faking aren't you?" He asks them, almost desperate for y/n to tell him, she is still crazy about him.
"No. We aren't. Why would you think that?" Y/n asks Lando, with a bemused look on her face.
"You.. You said you'd never get with either of  us. So I'm confused. I know I said double date.. but I didn't think you'd be serious about Max. I honestly just don't see you two actually being more..." Lando bites his lip.
"Why do you need to make it awkward mate? We all know you two had your fun. But it's done and finished. Deal with it. We are more serious than you'd ever believe or want to believe. I just wish I had guts to tell her sooner how I felt." Lando can't help but look at their body language not that he even understands it. But watching Max touch her, kiss her bare shoulder.. it does something to him.
He sits pouting watching them.