Bring the action

__"So..." Sonic said softly. "That's Bowser." Sonic was trying to keep his composer. It was true that he had definitely seen and fought more monsters that were a lot more terrifying, but that beast was definitely the most intimidating in this world. From the first time he saw Bowser Junior he expected his father to look a lot goofier just like him. He was not prepared to lay his eyes on a scary looking creature.
__"Psst!" Shadow was tapping Sonic's shoulder.
__Sonic turned around and ducked to look past the pillar underneath Shadow's head. The beast was still roaring loudly before he quieted down and started stretching.
__"Did you have a pleasant nap, my king?" The magikoopa asked, his head still down.
__The king had rubbed his eyes before looking down at Kamek. "Sure did," his voice was very deep and raspy. He looked over at his son and put his claws on his head. "You're behaving yourself, right?"
__The young koopa prince nodded. "Sure am! I got Julian his star! Just like you told me to!"
__"Very good." He pulled his hand back and walked slowly over to Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic. He exchanged greetings with the human before looking at the doomsday device. "Is it almost ready?"
__"I just put in the plutonium," Dr. Eggman replied calmly. "It just needs time to set and warmup before we can use it, Bowser."
__Bowser then looked down at Dr. Eggman. "Remind me again how this machine is supposed to bring the universe to our knees?"
__The doctor laughed. "You'll have to wait and see it in action!"
__Dulcy was growling over the device. "How come you can't see he's deceiving you!? Robotnik deceives every partner he has ever worked with!"
__Dr. Eggman put on a fake surprised face Sonic knew too well. "How dare you!? I've been nothing but loyal and respectful to the king!" He then looked up at Bowser. "These heroes are so desperate to bring down our plans."
__The koopa king just nodded. "Indeed."
__Dr. Eggman then pulled out a remote and looked up at Dulcy. "It's about time you quiet down up there." He pushed a button on the remote and Dulcy started screaming as she was being shocked in the cage.
__Sonic wanted to jump out and run to her but Shadow grabbed him and pulled him back before he could. "Let me go!" Sonic whispered harshly.
__But Shadow refused and ended up having to lock his arms around Sonic to keep him from moving. "We cannot blow our cover right now. We still have to wait for the others."
__"And let Dulcy suffer!?" Sonic snapped. He then looked at the worried expression on Mario's face and forced himself to calm down. "Fine. Fine."
__"Good." Shadow carefully let go of Sonic before putting a hand on his shoulder. Sonic raised his head and looked at Shadow as the black hedgehog turned his head away to avoid eye contact. "We'll be able to get her back, okay?"
__Sonic grinned as Shadow looked back. "Thanks."
__Shadow pulled his hand back as quickly as he could and started speaking with the others. "We need to let the others know what we're dealing with and go over what we need to do."
__Tails nodded and began speaking to everyone quietly through the communicator.
__Sonic took this time to look back at the enemy. He began to study Bowser's movements and how he was behaving. He may look tough, but no doubt he's just like Mario said; dull and egotistical. If anything he's just like Knuckles and Scourge but bigger and with a shell. This won't be too hard. Right as he thought that Metal Sonic whipped its head around and looked directly into Sonic's eyes. Shit!
__The robot started running towards him. Sonic immediately ran away from the pillar, leaving the others to stare in shock as his robot duplicate began its chase. Bowser Junior was watching as he pulled out a wand and shot a fire ball in front of Sonic, forcing him to stop in his tracks. This allowed Metal Sonic to grab Sonic's neck and pinned him up on the wall. Sonic growled in agony as he tried to get out of the robot's grasp. "Let go of me, faker!"
__Both Bowser and Dr. Eggman were looking right at Sonic. Bowser looked really confused whilst Dr. Eggman was giggling as he walked over to the blue hedgehog. "I figured you'd show up eventually. I just didn't think it would take you this long. I thought you were supposed to be fast." He then laughed in Sonic's face.
__Sonic had one eye shut as Metal Sonic tightened its grip on his neck. "What's your game, Eggman? You already know you can't humiliate me. I'm not a kid anymore."
__Dr. Eggman frowned. "Yet you still behave like a child. I feel bad for your mother honestly. Must have been harder for her to take care of you after you and your siblings were separated."
__Sonic started growling. "And who's fault is that? You brought this upon yourself! You're the reason I always have to stop you from taking over my home!" He then stopped himself before he began chuckling. "Honestly, I should be thanking you. You're the whole fucking reason I am who I am right now!" He made sure to put on a smug look as Dr. Eggman looked very annoyed.
__"Be that as it may," he continued. "Where are your friends? I know they can't be far."
__Sonic then flattened his ears when he heard a familiar reeeeeeeeee and looked down as Metal Sonic began preparing its plasma beam.
__"I'll cut you a deal. Tell me where they are and you don't end up becoming barbecue for the king's lunch."
__Sonic just glared at the doctor and said nothing. You've known me for how long and you still try to negotiate with me like this? he wanted to say but kept quiet. He made sure only to look at Dr. Eggman directly at his eyes through his blue glasses so as to not give anything away.
__The doctor then sighed in disappointment. "Always willing to give up your life, are you? That's your problem. You always let your brilliant power fuel your confidence and never common sense. Very well then."
__Dulcy was trying desperately to pull out of her chains as she stared at Sonic with horror. "SONIC!!!"
__Sonic braced himself as he felt the heat of the plasma beam grow hotter and brighter. He made himself look scared for Dr. Eggman before he let out a titter and smirked. The human looked confused until Amy had come out of nowhere and slammed her hammer against the robot and onto Dr. Eggman, causing the plasma beam to shoot up at the ceiling. Sonic had fallen to the ground and started coughing and gasping for air. He then looked up as Amy held out her hand to him and took it.
__"Nice one, Ames!" He complemented as he stood up. "I owe you one."
__Amy then smirked. "Will you finally take me out on a date?" She asked half joking, half hopefully.
__"Not a chance!" Sonic said promptly with a smile, causing Amy to start laughing.
__"Ah well, worth a try!" That joy quickly turned to fear as the room started swarming with robots, minions, and CCO agents. Amy scooted closer to Sonic as she kept her hammer close to her head. Sonic decided that she needed some motivation.
__"Tell you what; if we can get back home, I'll consider going on that date."
__Amy smiled. "Works for me!" She then slammed her hammer onto the ground and propelled herself forward. She smashed through all of the robots and minions before cupping her hand around her mouth and yelling "CHARGE!!!"
__All of their friends came out of their hiding spots and began their advance on the enemy. Tails had immediately flown towards Dulcy and tried to see if he could get her out. But as soon as he touched the cage Dr. Eggman was already pushing the button. The cage shocked both Dulcy and Tails and he ended up falling back onto the ground. A CCO agent was about to nab him when Yoshi managed to wrap his tongue around their waste and threw them back to give Tails enough time to get up and run back into battle.
__Something Sonic noticed as everyone was fighting was that Dr. Eggman and Bowser were standing right in front of the doomsday device with Bowser Junior and Metal Sonic close by. They did not plan on letting anyone near the machine. Sonic would not be dissuaded by their puppy guarding, however, he knew this might be difficult since he still knew almost nothing about Bowser as the monster glared into his own eyes.