Chapter 21

Sigma rule #21

Your aim can never be two. 

❀❀❀

It's been eight months.

Taehyung had his reasons to push the younger away from himself. He had his reason for those words he said to him. It's been a month since Jungkook turned eighteen. Those words were piercing Jungkook from within.

They say everything excessive is harmful. Does this also implement on Love?

FLASHBACK ( one month ago )

Everything was great now. Taehyung and Jungkook managed to talk on video calls every day. They giggled together and even bickered for no reason.

Today was Jungkook's birthday. He was turning eighteen today. A big day for both families. Everybody had assembled at Jeon's place. Smiles had sneaked upon their lips when Jungkook was made to wear the birthday cap. In their eyes, the boy was still a Lil pup.

"Why is Tae not taking up the call?" Namjoon groaned in annoyance while repeatedly calling his younger brother. Jungkook's smile had started to fade away, but he maintained his expressions. An Alpha can be sad, but he can't make his loved ones sad because of his own sentiments.

The elder hadn't wished him yet.

That was when the call was picked up the Sigma. "Why weren't you picking up— "Joon stopped as he heard the other sigma "You guys might be free but I'm not, okay" He sharply dampened. "It's Jungkook's birth—"he stopped as he saw his younger brother massaging his head. It was a rare sight of watching him distraught.

"Look, I have urgent things to do," Taehyung proclaimed. "Taehyung, what's with your tone? At least wish him?" Taemin frown-fully asked.

"Listen, Dad, I'm not free all the time. He might be around, right? Have a great Birthday Alpha Jungkook," Taehyung uttered again. "Tae, what's with you— "His mom was the one to take the phone from his husband. It's been so many years since they saw their son acting like this.

"What's with me? Can't you see? I'm busy. He might not have a career, but I do. Unlike him, I have an aim." He reached out to hang up.

Everyone turned their head towards the youngest Alpha in the room, who had his eyes filled with tears, but instead of letting them out, he smiled bitterly. Those galaxies occupied eyes, filled themselves with water, mere water in Jungkook's words. 

FLASHBACK ENDS 

No, Jungkook didn't weep, he did not shed tears at midnight. He wasn't sad, but he was furious to show himself.

'Unlike him, I have an aim' those words had been clutching his heart. Every night when he lies on the bed, he thinks—he thinks about everything, about what to do and how to do it.

Meanwhile, the two households were concerned about him. Everything had started to change. The socks that used to hang on the sofa and the ties that used to lay on the floor started to make their way to the wardrobe and washing machine. Was Jungkook adulting or this was the effect of—

Jungkook joined a sort of sports center. He kept himself too busy to even peek at his own phone. He created a few new friends, though he spent half the time with himself. Healing himself.

Since that day, Jungkook did not message or call Taehyung. This might be the longest period for them to not swap words.

That Eighteen Alpha learned to mind his own business. Though he was hurt within, he chose to smile at his family members every day.

Slowly and gradually everybody appeared to get used to this Jungkook. 

Who gets up at five in the morning and used to sleep by the clock hits ten. Who used to come from the school at the time and used to leave for the training soon after. Who managed to study at the night. Who started to blurt lesser words, who bow every time he used to see someone elder. They got used to this.

All of this is good, right? Then why were the families sad? 

Nevertheless, the younger denied being sad, his eyes said otherwise. Everyone knew, whenever the younger wore his earphones, which song he listened to. It was their favorite song.

Everyone knew how the younger stared at the elder's profile every day. It was a painful sight to witness the younger change himself so much. 

.

.

.

Insomnia was the thing Taehyung was suffering from. But today he finally fell asleep.

Sticky forehead and fists. Rough grunts could be heard in the room. A thick layer of tears cleared themselves out as Taehyung grumbled.

"Stay with me, please. Stay with me," He muttered in the dream. "Grandpa, please don't leave me. Please breathe. Please, Grandpa," He murmured lowly. The tears did not stop. "Grandpa, please don't leave me. Please don't leave me," he cried.

"Grandpa..." just then he opened his eyes. The Sigma sat up, mopping his tears. His Nightmares were back. It's been a while since he had seen them. He remembered the day, the day his grandpa died in front of his eyes.

Every Sigma has a source of their darkness. Taehyung's source was his grandpa.A Sigma can solely have one aim. Taehyung's aim was to save lives.

His whole day went by, entombing his face into the textbooks. He promised his grandpa he'll never break a single rule. The darkness Yoongi tried to find out about by staring into Taehyung's orbs was now also the origin of melancholy.

The only one who brought him delightment was the reflection of someone in his head. The cause of his tranquility.

He was missing Jungkook. He was missing his Alpha. He yearned to inhale that intoxicating scent to pacify himself. He wished to feel the lavender pheromones around him.

But Jungkook was not his aim. Was it important to carry forward the obligation he had given to his late grandfather? Were the Sigma rules and discipline more important than his love?

❀❀❀

Thank you so much for 6k T-T