Chapter 44

Sigma rule #44

Sleepy eyes, heavy heart with a busy mind 

only makes you serve deeper to the sadness; avoid it. 

❀❀❀

What seemed like a fairytale crashed in front of Taehyung. What appeared like peace, what seemed like happiness, vanished from his sight.

Everything hushed for him. He couldn't hear anything. Not even his own voice. At that point, nothing mattered to him more than the love of his life, who was in his arms—why wasn't he saying anything, why wasn't he looking at him like he invariably does.

Nevertheless, his eyes were dwelling with tears—he managed to gawk at him—It was so blurred. Why, why. . . why wouldn't he look at him? Though his limbs felt weak—the male ran, rushed towards the emergency van. His eyes never left the one who was in his arms—lifelessly—he flickered his eyes rapidly, stuffing off the tears once again.

His hands shuddered as he placed Jungkook's body over the stretcher inside the ambulance. The alpha was visibly turning pale. He was inhaling with difficulty. His eyes wouldn't stop shedding. "Jungkook, I b-beg you, please, don't go away." He whispered. He felt a chunk build up in his throat. "Koo. . ."

He continued whispering, before turning around and letting the parents accompany his mate in the ambulance. His eyes were red, swollen with pain. Just pain. . .

"TaeTae, I want this ice cream,"

"I'm not silly you are!"

His heart was worried. He wished nothing but to hide his love from the lines of his hand. Why him? Why does he have to go through all of this? All he drew his mind was Jungkook and his grandpa—He failed to save him and he does not want to—

"You pineapple!"

A heart that clenches slowly indicated how keen he felt. He had no control over his eyes. Namjoon was the one who was driving the car behind the ambulance. The rains outside and the rains inside added considerably more to the melancholy. 

"Admit it TaeTae, you're scared of dogs, haha!"

He never expected his life to play like this with him. He left so lost, lost in the darkness—the darkness he always embraced. It stings, it undoubtedly hurts, he wished to confess that out loud. It simply felt like yesterday he proposed to Jungkook to marry him—

"TaeTae, can you please reject your mate?"

Memories that yesterday felt so blissful, today feel so painful. His state was miserable. The tone was like the crippled melody of a violin—So mellow, so empty. Just like the melody would have, his feelings seeped right into his heart. Though he held in so many sentiments at once, he felt empty.

"Come and sleep in the bedroom. The floor is cold,"

Cold; Cold is what he felt. Dazed; dazed was the brain. Heavy; heavy was his heart—why is his destiny determined to separate them? The feeling was something that he carried not to feel after he lost his grandfather and after he isolated himself from his family and mate for a whole span of five years.

"You will come back right, TaeTae?"

Jungkook urged him to the question, but—now, will he come back? Will Jungkook come back to Taehyung? Sulking. Pouting. Giggling. Or even weeping. Will he ever? Taehyung rubbed the tears that were sliding from his eyes. Solely if he had the powers to end the night here and here—he would have.