Chapter 27

Sigma rule #27

Never let anybody know about your vulnerability.

❀❀❀

Hunger. They live for Hunger. The hunger to be the first one, the hunger to be the best. The hunger to eat an individual's morale and confidence. And to destroy the clear. We call this type of alpha omnipotent. Omnipotent means — infinite power. They lose control once in a hundred years — on the blue moon. Mythologically setting forth, they believe these types of alphas are rare, but they exist — It is said that they're Preeminent, they have the tendency to drive you weak mentally. They usually attack those with a flaw or a weakness or maybe a curse. 

These Alphas mature of their powers at a very young age. Taehyung was adequately conscious of Jungkook being the omnipotent alpha. It was the initial thing he got to know once he discovered him as his mate.

Why did sigmas invariably cover their light source from others? It was because of the omnipotent alphas of that century. They recognized they were the only ones who could draw advantage of that vulnerability, which originated from their origin. Their Darkness was the virtue they felt. The light source was their vulnerability  — they were highly vulnerable in front of their light source.

But— but what will appear when the omnipotent alpha himself is the light of Taehyung? The one in the presence of whom Taehyung was already vulnerable.

These alphas are as ordinary as an ordinary alpha, but not on the blue moon. They lose their self-control on that night.

Taehyung was drifting off in a cafe. Taking unusual deep breaths. 

FLASHBACK

"GRANDPA!" Taehyung hollered, "grandpa! keep your eyes open! Grandpa," the boy broke down, holding the man against his chest. "T-Taeh-hyungie my c-child, I-I'm s-sorry for b-being t-the source of your darkness, m-my ch-child" he smiled bitterly, his head was bleeding due of falling in the bathroom.

"Gran-grandpa y-you c-can't le-leave me," the boy cried miserably, taking the man's palm in his. "I- I will t-take y you to the hospital. Please wait for me, grandpa, please" the lad mopped his tears and got up but was stopped when—

"I d-don't have m-much time left, son," the old man wept. "Grandpa, don't say that, please I need you." Taehyung, in a frightened tone, shook him as the male started to close his eyes. "Open your eyes, please keep your eyes open, grandpa. Please don't leave behind me,"

The poor boy had blood all over his t-shirt and hands. He appeared not to know what to do. He was howling on top of his lungs, calling for help. It was until their neighbors came in, running. They instantly called an ambulance.

Taehyung was with him all this while. He did not let go of his palm during the whole ride. The small fellow had no sense of what was going on. What it meant to be the source of darkness?

They entered the hospital, but there wasn't a doctor, who was free to take care of his grandpa, to save him. "I-I ha-have v-very less time l-left, m-my child, listen to me," the old man murmured weakly.

"Y-you w-will b-become a doc-doctor w-when you g-grow up, r-right?" he inquired weakly and grinned when he recognized the lad, who nodded his head firmly. His version seemed to get blurry.

"I w-want to s-see you be-become a really g-good doc-doctor, alright?" Taehyung groaned, moping the old man's tears, staring at his Grandpa holding his last few breaths.

"Y-you a-aim should be y-your career, alright? Do-don't focus on me whenever I disturb y-you i-in the process" Taehyung was too naïve to figure out what he wished to convey. The man was pointing out the nightmares and hallucinations he got later when the old man died.