(Magi)-Kougyoku Ren: More Than An Arrangement

The sun in all its glory pelted down on the large number of working men who were constructing a new barn house close to the road surrounded by golden fields. The ruler of this small Island nation Y/N S/N carried some wood pallets to the outline of the barn. The owner of the land a farmer named Orad a 40-year-old man who was heavily tanned and macular from working the fields walked up to the dear ruler.

Orad: "Please your Majesty, I'm sure you have much in court that requires more of your imidate attention, Leave this to me and the men you hired to do this. Why bother with such a lowly Framer."

He placed the pallets down near the construction site.

Y/N: "Nonsense Orad you are part of this Kingdom thus it makes you one of my people and non are less important than the other, I am partly to blame for this inconvenience, you are losing out on precious fieldwork because of this construction, so I will see that I at least pay some part of the physical labour I can't just pay my way out of everything. Besides what is at court at the moment is little details that my brother can handle."

Orad: "It was not your fault your Majesty, you can't control when such creatures will attack."

Y/N: "But I still lead it here."

Orad: "To protect innocence, my Lord. There was nowhere else you could have taken it."

He placed his hand on Orad's shoulder.

Y/N: "You know Orad, you are a better man than most as the majority of people would blame the crown for this attack, though that would not have stopped me from helping anyway."

At that moment in the distance, a small escort was moving on the road, they turned off onto the side road approaching closer to them, as they got closer Y/N noticed the formal wear of the Kou Empire which surprised him. One of the Royal Guards who was out of uniform helping as the rest approached him.

Royal Guard: "My King?"

Y/N: "Crap I was only expecting her till tomorrow. Why now?"

There were at least 20 guards and 10 attendants travelling near a carriage that was pulled by 6 well bread white stallions. On the carriages doors imprinted was the emblem of the country a half sun and half a moon attached to one another.

Royal Guard: "Our emblem Majesty."

Y/N: "She must have bought or hired it from a town near the coastline."

When the escort reached the group a well-dressed man with a marking below his eyes and across his face over the bridge of his nose poked his head out of the window looking straight at Y/N

???: "You peasant I would speak with you."

Royal Guard: "YOU ARE SPEAKING TO..."

Before he could finish Y/N lifted up his hand to silence him. He leaned in and whispered.

Royal Guard: "my king would you truly allow such disrespect towards you."

Y/N: "i don't believe they were there when i visited the kou empire, they must not know what I look like, i'm curious to see how they handle this."

???: "You stop whispering over there you are speaking to a higher class."

Y/N: "How may I help you...ummm... Apologises who are you?"

He had seemed shocked and hurt by that question.

???: " You don't know? I amKoubun Ka Vassle to Imperial Princess Kougyoku Ren, you are the leader of this group of rabble?"

Y/N: "You could say that."

Ka: "How much further until the capital."

Y/N: "You've come all this way and you don't know? Did you not find out from an earlier town?"