Behind the Fake Smile Cp2

Something brushed my hair and landed on the floor next to me. I gasped and quickly opened my eyes. A screwed up piece of paper lay next to me. I picked it up and opened it. Written in uneven penmanship 'I see you' followed by a smiley face was scrawled on the note. I looked at the handwriting trying to match it with anyone that I knew, but I couldn't. I looked around but no one was there. A loud thud was heard nearby me and in shocked I jumped slightly looking around for the intruder.

"Relax," he chuckled lightly before placing himself next to me. "Hello again."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I told you today. I'm Michael," he grinned.

"I mean why are you following me," I looked at his brown eyes now in confusion.

"I'm sorry what?"

"You're everywhere I go and no one knows I go here. Not my parents or the people I call friends. No one even knows of Perseph- I mean the weak tree at the back of the school."

Crap. I almost told him about my obsession  with naming plants! He's going to label me as an idiot and a weirdo quicker than you can say HolyMamaHippogriff!

Confusion etched his face but only momentarily, he raised his hands up in defeat ignoring my little word blunder.

"Ok, you caught me, I didn't really want to go to German so I faked being ill so I got sent to the office, I took the long way around and saw you, I thought you looked quite lonely so I came to join."

"Well I like being alone sometimes." I paused. "But how did you find me here?"

"I was here long before you were, I used to come to this tree all the time when I was a kid."

"Oh.." I said.

"What year are you in?" He asked moving his hair out of his face, it was a strange colour. It was ginger but a dark ginger so that it looked almost brown.

"Ten, you're in year eleven aren't you?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Your tie," I smiled, his was blue and silver and the younger years (myself included) wore blue and grren. Another way high school reinforces an unbreakable hierarchy-as if school cliques weren't enough. "You come here quite often?"

"I do and I'm guessing you do as well so I think that we're going to see each other quite often. Sorry about that," he laughed.

"Don't worry about it. But I think you should know this: Had- uhm, this willow tree will forever be mine. In my mind, you only started recently started coming here and I've already claimed Had- uhm, this tree to be my own."

"What the hell did you to it?" I thanked the stars and galaxies that he decided to ignore the fact that I kept saying what I thought without thinking through it first. "Did you pee on it?" He quickly moved away from the tree trunk and sat a meter away from it.

"Yes so you can't touch it or violate it's personal space which means no climbing on him anymore!" I tried so hard to fight the smile off my face but the corners of my mouth just wouldn't stop twitching.

We talked for quite a quite a while but I had to leave at five knowing that it would take me at least a half hour before arriving home. We said our goodbyes before I got up and walked to home.

                                                                       *   *   *   *

Next day at school it looked cold so instead of a skirt, I wore the schools navy blue trousers. I did my usual morning routine but skipped breakfast because I slept in- a lot.