Chapter 18

"Alba was so sweet, I hope we'll see her again." Harry says around a yawn as the guys walk into their room, Louis softly closing the door behind them.

"Yeah. Tonight was really great." Louis grins sleepily, reaching for the hem of his t-shirt and pulling it over his head. "All this walk, though." He sighs, kicking his sweatpants off. "I'm knackered."

Harry hums his agreement and when Louis looks up, Harry is just standing, looking at Louis' face, which turns a deep shade of red.

"What is it?" Louis asks stupidly, staring at Harry, who stared first, may he add. Louis feels heat hitting his cheek more every second Harry stares at him.

"Nothing, I just." Harry cuts himself odd, turning away from Louis slightly. "I just think you're really pretty, is all." He says and Louis' face lit up in a way it never did before.

"Thanks, Dimples. It is a bit of a weird thing for you to say that when I'm half naked, though." He teases and a small, sheepish smile blooms on Harry's face.

"Yeah, well. I think you're pretty when you're dressed too." Harry says and Louis fondly shakes his head, walking to Harry and giving him a quick kiss to his cheek before climbing into bed.

"Get half naked and come cuddle with me." Louis tells him as he makes comfortable under the covers. Then he groans. "I forgot to brush my teeth." He says unhappily while he watches Harry undressing. Harry chuckles and looks up at Louis.

"Then go and do it. 'M not kissing you if you taste like a mix between pastas and eclair." He teases, walking toward the bathroom, now only wearing his boxers. Louis watches him -his arse and his muscled back- as he walks, then Louis reluctantly gets up and follows him once he is out of sight.

When Louis walks in, Harry is in the middle of brushing his teeth, foam covering his mouth and a bit dripping on his chin. Louis should not find this endearing, but he still does. Louis smiles to himself, reaching for his toothbrush and the toothpaste, putting some on his toothbrush and bringing it to his mouth. Louis looks in the mirror and catches Harry's amused gaze. Louis frowns and gives him a quizzical look that Harry totally ignores. He spits in the sink and rinses his mouth instead of paying attention to Louis.

"I'll wait for you in bed." Harry says, kissing Louis' cheek. Then he leaves the bathroom. 

Louis finishes brushing his teeth then repeats the actions Harry did a minute ago and walks out of the bathroom.

The only thing he sees is Harry, sprawled in bed like a starfish. Louis smiles, reminded of the first time they shared a room, when Louis walked in and saw Harry in the same position. So much has changed since that time.

Now they are closer, Louis trusts Harry and Louis thinks Harry trusts him, too. They kissed and Louis thinks he might have feelings for this curly-haired lad.

But that is a thing he will not tell Harry until he thinks he has feelings for Louis too. Or ever.

"Hey, starfish, make space for me." Louis says, walking to the bed and poking Harry's rib, which makes him squeal and then giggle. Harry smiles and then moves on his side, leaving space for Louis to cuddle up to him.

Louis bites his bottom lip not to grin too widely, and then turns off the light, climbing in bed right after he does.

"How am I going to be able to kiss you goodnight if you have your back on me, starfish?" Louis asks, his head propped on Harry's shoulder. Harry makes a little noise of protest at the nickname and turns his head sideways to look at Louis' face.

"Might as well call me Patrick since you're at it." He narrows his eyes, his bottom lip jutting out. Louis bends down and catches Harry's lip between his teeth. Harry squints as he catches the motion, then closes his eyes when Louis connects their lips.