Chapter 39

Niall's POV

I waited at the coffee shop even way after my butt became sore. Mrs. Walker had returned my phone so I keep calling Jade even though her phone is off and my battery is draining by the minute. I knew at the moment I thought I could hear someone screaming my name, I was probably going insane. Despite it all, I stayed, watching the minutes, cars, clouds, people, pass as sweat trails down my face because my leg wont stop shaking.

I almost got kicked out, but I bought a coffee so they couldnt say im loitering. That white coffee cup with a sleeve sits on the wooden table before me getting cold. I dont even like coffee, but by how antsy I am I feel like I just drank five.

The sun sets and I dont know why I believed she would come and meet me, she's bed bound and besides, she probably hates me. It's night time, she must be leaving soon and I cant just sit here forever.

My wooden chair sqeaks as I stand up and grab my full cup of coffee, dumping it into the trash. I stare at the hospital for a long while, sizing it up and down and trying to map out in my head any possible way to enter without the security noticing. It wouldnt hurt to try climbing through the window.

I cross the street at the block next to the hospital and sprint to the end, take a right and run down the street until I see the back of the hospital. She must be in the big building and from what I remember, her room was on the right side of the building when you enter from the front and left side of the hallway. I slip through the parking lot, noticing a security guard standing around the corner at one of the exits. I walk close to the tan wall, my sweater brushing up against it occasionally which makes a scratchy noise.

I peak into a room and see an old lady sleeping. The next room is empty. The next has a woman watching television from her hospital bed and shes eating her dinner. The next, a man is laying in bed with his family talking to him. They look so happy. Then I see her. Her smooth angelic face undoubtedly recognizable despite brown strands of hair hanging over it. Her head has fallen to one side of the bed and she's fast asleep. My body wants to become limp at the sight of her already.

Luckily, the window is already semi cracked open so all I have to do is pull on it to make a wider gap. I pull myself up onto the window, swinging one foot in after another and then I'm in the warm room alone with Jade.

The only sound is her soft breathing and her steady heartbeat on the monitor. Her face is so relaxed and beautiful, I cant even picture her yelling at me like she had hours before this. I slowly approach her and place my hand on her smooth cheek. My heart leaps at being able to touch her again.

I expect her eyes to flutter open but they dont. i give her shoulder a little shake and she still doesnt show any sign of waking up.

"Jade. Its me, Niall. You have to wake up." I whisper, rubbing my thumb gently on her palm. "Please." She's knocked out cold, they must've sedated her. I still shake her, hoping to God she will wake somehow. This isnt fare, I need her to know I'm here, to know I came back for her, to know this isn't the end, to know if she loves me, to just hear her voice before she goes. I know it is easier to part this way, but the easiest way isnt always the best.

"Fuck." I sigh.

Everyone will be here soon to take her away, I need to be quick.

I pull my coffee receipt out of my pocket and grab a pen from the desk beside her bed.

Jade, I know after this night it will be nearly impossible for you to contact me. My dad will make sure of that, but note, I did say nearly. I will find a way to see you again, I'm sure I'll figure out where they've sent you. I wont stop looking. And once I find you, we will find your parents. I love you. Dont forget me. -Niall

I cap the pen and fold up the paper. Her hospital gown has no pockets, but I see her phone laying on the table. I slip off her phone case at the top, and tuck in my note before closing it again and leaving her phone where it was.

I run my hand through her chocolate hair and press my forehead onto hers.

"I promise this wont be the last time I see you Jade." Although she isnt conscious, I press my lips against hers. They're chapped, but I kiss her with all the love I have, making sure to engrave the feeling and taste of every inch of her lips against mine into my mind before parting. I land another peck onto her forehead and force myself to let her go when I hear voices outside the door. I take one last glance at my love and then turn around to climb out of the window.

I crouch under the window sill and listen to people rush into the room.

"Be gentle with her." A man with a deep voice says.

"The car is ready." Another says. I suddenly notice the black Toyota parked by the exit and the ignition is on.

"Make sure no one is following." I recognize this as Mr. Walker's voice and he speaks quietly to someone beside him. He's disturbingly close to the window. I can feel myself sweating and my heart pounding as I hold my breathe and press my back against the wall because I can tell hes standing infront of the window by the way the room light is blocked.

Someone slides the window closed and im deaf to whatever is being said inside the room. They also close the blinds so that I can't peek in anymore. I wait and wait and then the lights in the room go completely dark.

Moments later I can see a group of men rolling Jade out in a wheelchair. These men consist of a doctor, some security guards, Mr. Walker, and surprisingly my own dad. She's still knocked out, completely unaware of whats going on. I hate to see her so vulnerable, placed in the wheelchair like a rag doll. I want to jump in between her and the men and save her, but theres nothing I can do. If my reputation with my dad gets any more terrible, it may make my situation worse and harder for me to find out where her parents are or where she's being taken.

Maybe if I act casual and nonsuspicious, he wont be as conservative and stern after a while. Right now, he will probably be super protective over his office and have 24 hour servalence on the place. When his worry passes, I could find another chance to sneak into his office or I could even use an easier tactic by trying to squeeze information out of Alex.

One security guard grabs below Jade's arm pits and another grabs her legs. If she were conscious she would probably flail wildly because she's so ticklish. This makes me frown, when will I hear her laugh again?

The way they carry her toward the car makes her look like a dead body. This makes me think of the devastating moment when I once thought she was dead.

The men work together to pull her in and lay her down in the car. They work fast and smoothly and the next thing I know, the doors are shut and the car is taking off.

I want to reach out, or run after the car until my lungs burst, but instead I sit on the cold concrete and watch the car drive out of sight.

This isn't goodbye Jade.

HEY GUYS !! Long time no see ! Hahaa , our story is reaching an end here :) one more chapter left I believe ! Thanks for hanging in there with me, ILYG , plz vote & comment feedback :) xoxo