Chapter 40

10 Months later

JADE'S POV

My face feels like its loaded with cake. Why did I think it was a good idea to let Jenny do my makeup? My eyeliner is thin but the touch of a misty looking eye shadow and use of blush and pink lip stick makes me want to wash my face. She curled my lashes and drenched it in mascara as well. I suppose I'm over exaggerating. Mother would say I look beautiful, my grandma says I look breath taking, but I just never was the type to wear make up.

I curled my hair into tight waves and had it pinned to one side of my head. My dress is navy blue, swaying down to my ankles with a slit running up my right leg and hangs on my body from one embroidered strap. It compliments my curves which is satisfying because I was worried it wouldnt fit when I ordered it. From the moment I laid my eyes on this dress, I knew I wanted to wear it to my senior prom. The outfit is complete with grey two inch heels and sparkling diamond earings that hang from my ears.

"He's here." My grandma chirps. She stands at a few inches shorter than me, her hair is curly and pulled back into a tail, still black because she dyes it. Her face is long and pale but smooth considering her age and her eyes are a deep brown. She wears her grey sweats and a white blouse with an apron that has a bunch of red apple designs all over it.

My cheeks flush red and I dont think the blush was necessary for me at all. I take one last look at myself in the mirror and almost gasp because of how unrecognizable I am. I am stunning.

"You dont want to keep him waiting dear, if you dont want to go with him, I will." She laughs and winks which makes me blush even more. I'm too nervous for anyone to see me this way, it's like I'm in a costume.

I take a deep breathe and grab the white orchid boutonniere from my desk. I try not to wabble in my heels, but when I step out of my room and look right down the hallway to go to the front door I nearly fall over.

Luke's hair is styled in a perfect high quiff and his tux hugs his body nicely. Especially his legs, you can never hear the end of me talking about how great his legs are no matter how weird that sounds. His bow tie makes me want to rip his clothes off even more. I almost want to laugh because he's wearing dress shoes. His outfit looks so smooth I can't wait to hug him and bury my face into his chest. One hand is in his pocket while the other holds my matching orchid corsage. His face looks as shocked as mine when I saw myself in the mirror, his blue eyes wide open and his pink lips are partially parted. He darts his eyes away as soon as I meet them and he smirks, revealing his adorable dimple, and begins shifting his weight from his heels to his toes repeatedly. Luke Hemmings actually cleaned up well for this occasion and gosh am I glad to be his date.

My grandma lives not too far from where I used to live with my parents so when I moved here, I returned to the same highschool I used to attend. Luke arrived back here in SoCal I'm assuming not too long after me and we've been closer than ever.

I try to casually walk over to him but I feel so light headed I almost throw myself onto him. He wraps his long arms around my waist and squeezes me tight while my arms fly around his neck.

"You look... Jade you look amazing." His words are breathy and I can hear a tinge of nervousness. His shirt is as luscious as I thought it would be and I just want to rub my face on it forever but I look up at his rosy face instead. He smells like an expensive cologne that I don't even want to ask what it is but my mind is racing from the smell of it. He bites down on the side of his lip where the lip ring is and that confirms how timid he is.

"I believe this is for you." He chuckles, grabbing my wrist and slipping the corsage onto my wrist gently, taking a glance up at me once he gets it fully on and giving me a half smile.