Chapter 7

NIALL'S POV

The clouds today are partially covering up the sun. I wish I would have just stayed in bed. I'm so exhausted, but I know my dad would force me to go outside anyway. He hates seeing me unproductive. I lazily drag my feet as I make my way to Alex's house. His house is only a block away but right now that distance feels like a mile.

"Horan!" someone yells. I barely hear the person over my huge yawn but when I turn around I see Zayn speeding straight toward me on his skateboard. It takes me too long to realize if I dont move he will run into me.

"Whoa! Dude I was expecting you to move or something, I wasn't actually trying to hit you!" Zayn yells as he jumps off the skateboard to prevent hitting me and grabs my shoulder to keep his balance.

"To be honest man, I'm so dead from last night. I barely heard you coming." I continue walking once Zayn is done fixing his beanie and picks up his board. "Are you going to Alex's?"

"Yeah I was just on my way. I hope Alex is chill now. You really pissed him off last night. He was out to get you so bad during the game, I thought you were going to eat it everytime you encountered him."

"Are you kidding? I can take on Alex anyday. I dont know why he's making such a big deal out of it."

"He probably thinks you're trying to hit on his cousin. She's pretty though, I wouldn't be surprised if you were." He teases and I just shake my head in frustration. Now Zayn is in on this too? Ugh. I talked to her once. Big deal.

"You guys are stupid." I tell him as we walk up Alex's driveway and ironically, there she is sitting on the porch swing concentrated with her pencil on a paper. She looks up but as soon as she sees us she looks down. This would be a perfect time to give her the magnets, but damn it Zayn is with me. He would definitely say something to Alex because he's always looking for trouble. Zayn nudges my shoulder and gestures to her. I clench my jaw and he just laughs. We knock on the door and as we wait I notice how luscious her hair looks when she fixes it. Her long brown hair is pulled to one side, reminding me of a chocolate waterfall. Her bangs hang over her left eye and lines the side of her smooth face. She's so focused on her drawing and I can see her lashes are long and beautiful. She wears the same serious expression I've mostly seen on her, her lips slightly pulled at the corners barely creating a frown. The door swings open interupting my trance. Was I really just admiring her?

"Alright wheres the food?" I greet Alex and we follow him into the livingroom where Liam is already sitting with a controller in his hand. I'm absolutely starving and if anyone knows me, they know my apetite is monstrous.

"I play winner." Zayn says. I jump onto the couch and rest my legs on one of the couch's arms, waiting for Alex to come back with something his mom wouldn't mind me eating. He comes back with some salmon and the smell makes my stomache growl. They start the game and I watch as Liam rapes Alex in FIFA. Halfway through, I realize I still have the imagine of Alex's cousin in my mind. Why is it so hard to get her out of my head?

Three hours of FIFA has my hands sweating like crazy. I practically raped Liam and Zayn in every game we played. I surrender my controller to cool down for a bit.

"Hey I'm going to go outside for a minute, it's too hot in here you guys are breathing too much. And it's starting to smell like sweaty men." I stand up, wiping my hands on my shorts.

"He's just scared because he knows I'm coming back to kill him next round!" Liam yells after me. I open the door and the cool air feels so refreshing on my face. I step out, closing the door after me, and head for the porch swing. When I look up I jump, I thought Alex's cousin would be gone by now. I'm actually glad she's out her so I can give her the magnets while I know Alex is distracted by a game.