I 'Effin Love You Too 12

-Danny's POV-

"I said get ready. Come on! He is coming!" Mom called up the stairs again. I rolled my eyes and put the shirt that Mom told me to put on and I went downstairs. I came into the kitchen where Mom was fixing her hair using the refrigerator door as a mirror.

"Tell me why I have to meet this guy again," I said. She sighed.

"It's just important, Danny."

"Why?"

"I think we should wait until he gets here," she said.

"For what? Why can't you just tell me?"

"Because I think we should wait for him to get here," she said impatiently. Dad walked into the kitchen and rubbed his hands together.

"What's up?" he asked Mom. She turned around and gave him a look. It was one of those looks where you didn't really want to tell someone something, but you didn't really have any other choice.

"Danny's father is coming over," she said finally. I nodded my head at Dad, stopped suddenly, and looked wide eyed at my mom. She gave a weak smile to me and shrugged, then she looked back at Dad- who looked like he just saw a ghost.

"Wh...what did you just say?"

"Oh, you heard me," she groaned.

"You're...you're kidding me. Right?"

"Why would I kid about something like that?" she asked him calmly.

"So you're saying that my dad isn't really my dad?" I asked.

"That is exactly what I am saying. I am also saying that your real father is coming here. Today. Now, actually," she said, glancing over at the clock. I groaned and shifted my feet.

"I can't believe this," Dad said. Or....Dave. Dave. Was he really my step dad?

"Well, believe it," Mom snapped.

"How could you keep something like this from me for so long? How could you keep this from HIM for so long?" he demanded.

"Oh, calm down it hasn't been THAT long."

"Seventeen years! Seventeen years, Beth. That long," Dad said. I scoffed and they both looked at me.

"Please," I muttered. "I can't believe that you're seriously still calling her that." Dad raised an eyebrow at me.

"What else am I supposed to call her? Wife?" he asked sarcastically.

"How about her real name?" I asked, smirking a little at Mom. She told Dad that her name was Beth, but that wasn't her real name. She told ME what it was, but she never got around to telling him. Her face paled when I said that. Apparently she didn't want him to know her real name. Dad glared at her.

"What do you mean her real name?" he asked, still glaring at Mom.

"Come on, Mom. Tell him," I encouraged.

"Danny, I swear," she growled.

"You swear what? No offense Mom, you're not all that scary to me."

"What do you mean her real name?" Dad demanded again.

"Tell him Mom! He wants to know."

"Beth."

"Dave don't listen to him."

"Her name is Emma," I said. "Call her Emma."

-Owen's POV-

"OW!" I shouted out. Max started laughing his butt off at my pain. "Dude that's not funny!"

"Psh! What are you yelling at me for? You're the idiot who jumped."

"Yeah, but I...."

"You...."

"Shut up, Max," I mumbled. He started laughing again.

"Seriously, who the HELL jumps off the trampoline on to the drive way?"

"Someone who thinks the fall won't hurt," I answered. He started laughing harder.

"Owen, you just jumped like fifty feet. Of course that crap is going to hurt!"

"But- but....I didn't think my trampoline was THAT far away from the dang drive way!"

"Believe it or not, it most likely was."