I 'Effin Love You Too 19

-Owen's POV-

"Do you really need to take pictures Mom? I've been out on dates before."

"None with a girl you like as much as this one," she said as she snapped another picture of me.

"Really? You're acting like it's prom."

"This isn't nearly as bad as it's going to be when prom comes," Dad said. He put his hand on Mom's shoulder. "Myla, I think the kid's had enough."

"One more," she said. Then she snapped another picture and put the camera down. "There. Done."

"Finally," I sighed with relief. She held up the camera threateningly.

"Don't make me start up again," she warned. I held up my hands.

"Alright, alright," I said. "I'm gonna leave now."

"Make sure you put your seat belt on and don't get pulled over," Mom said.

"Yeah, what she said," Dad said. I snickered.

"Alright. Hey, if I call you then that means I couldn't get anyone else to come bail me out."

"Owen!" Mom scolded me while Dad burst out laughing.

"I swear that's what I told my parents the first time I went out on my own to drive!"

"Jimmy!"

"What? It was!"

"My god he really is your son," Mom muttered to herself. Dad and I high fived each other.

"Have fun and be safe, kiddo," he said to me. I nodded.

"Got it, old man," I smirked.

"I'm not old!"

"Tell that to the gray hairs," I said, pointing up at his head. His hands flew to his hair.

"Myla!" he called. I burst out laughing and ran out of the door to his car. That's what he gets for calling me a kid! I get called 'kiddo' and he gets called an old man, we're even now. I got in the car and called Allison.

"Hello?" she answered on the second ring.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm on the way," I said.

"Okay, I'll be ready when you get here! Oh well- not entirely ready. I'm probably going to pretend to not like my outfit and- I mean...I might have to change a couple times...I-I, no! Disregard everything I just said! I'll see you when you get here."

"Okay," I chuckled. She quickly hung up and I chuckled some more. She was really excited about this by the sound of it. I drove to her house and parked in the driveway. Nice house, I thought. It looked like the house Noah built in The Notebook, but this one was smaller. About two times smaller, I would say. I went up to the front door and rang the doorbell, and waited for someone to answer. A man who looked to be about the same age as Mom opened the door and looked me up and down.

"Hello sir," I gulped. "I'm Owen Day. Allison's date?"

"Oh, yes," he said grouchily. "She told me about you. Come in." I nodded and stepped inside. He led me into the living room, sat on the brown arm chair in the corner, and gestured for me to sit down on the couch across from him. I reluctantly did so and looked around. He cleared his throat to earn my attention.

"So," he said in the same tone as before. "What are your intentions for Allison?"

"Uh- well I-"

"Do you plan on marrying her?"

"Well it's a little early for-"

"Are you planning on engaging in sexual activity with her tonight?"