Chapter 2 : Old Murphy!

Author's POV {One Week Later}

"What am I gonna do?" It's been hours since Lilith complained about what to do after graduating.

"There's plenty of opportunities Lil. I mean, look around you!" Y/n said while wearing her cafe uniform.

"I can clean around the house, I guess?" Lilith pouted.

" Anyways, I gotta go to work." Y/n grabbed her sling bag and bid Lilith and Mother Amelia goodbye. "Jia! Let's go! You're going to be late!" Jia followed her outside with her backpack.

"Did you review for your exam?" The older female asked.

Jia nodded.

" Good."

--

"Y/n!" One of her colleagues hugged her once she entered the cafe.

"How are you, Ailene?" Y/n asked as they went to the locker room.

"I'm fine girl. Manager Sam has restocked the goods so we won't have any trouble making that new coffee recipe she wants."

Y/n chuckled. " Our customers are gonna love it, I just know."

Ailene squealed. " Yasss, OMG. They should! It's our latest contender."

" Hurry up ladies! We're opening now!" Manager Sam shouted from the counter.

" Duty calls." Y/n and Ailene fist bumped.

There are 20 of them working at that cafe at the moment and it's one of the famous and most loved cafes in the city. To be honest, Y/n can already work in Corporate companies and it's been years since people have been wanting to hire her but she refused them all.

You may forget about the past but you never know when something will pop up again. That's what scares her. She wants to work somewhere she can freely leave and attend to the three girls living in her apartment. Especially Jia. It's her responsibility.
Once their manager opened the door, those who were waiting outside immediately made their way to the counter.

"Welcome to Caffeinated!"

--

"Sir Scarrow! Sir Scarrow!" A police officer called out.

He entered the old man's office. "Yes, report."

"Sir, it's old Murphy again. The neighborhood has been raising complaints about him since 5 AM in the morning."

Nathan chuckled. "What is it now?"

"The people said they heard yelling and crashing inside the house sir."

"But he lives alone, correct?" Nathan said.

He nodded."  Yes sir, he lives alone. "

"Alright. Get Kennedy on the phone." He ordered.

"Yes sir."

--

Leon picked up the phone with his right hand while the other's on the steering wheel. "Hello?"

"Kennedy."

"Oh! Sir Scarrow."

"Yes. Yes. Are you busy right now, son?"

"No sir, I'm not."

"Alright. Come to the station. We have a situation with Old Murphy."

Leon chuckled. "Him again, huh? Right. I'm on my way."

--

They stopped in front of Old Murphy's humble home. Well, not anymore. Nathan got out of the car.

"Old Murph- woah!" He ducked when a wooden chair came flying out of the door.

"What the hell?" Leon unholstered his gun.

"No. It's ok." Nathan stood up and Old Murphy stepped outside, no longer using his cane.

"I have been contacting the police! And nobody answers me!" He shouted while waving his fists in the air. Then he went back inside and came back carrying his refrigerator.

" Old Murphy!" Leon and Nathan stumbled to the ground when the refrigerator was thrown directly at Nathan's police car. Causing the trunk to get a bit of a dent.

" The police never came! My sink! My sink!" The next thing he threw was his T.V from the 70's.

" How is he so strong?"

" Good riddance."

"I  heard that his sink has been clogged for days! "

" Sir." Leon pointed at Nathan's car. The older man sighed.

" Call for backup. We need to sedate him."

" THE POLICE NEVER CAME!"

--

In just five minutes, Old Murphy's detained on a stretcher.

"IF YOU DON'T FIX MY SINK I WILL COME FOR YOU ALL!"

" Sir, please, calm down!"

"YOU PEOPLE ARE WEIRDOS!"

"Geez, is he high or something?" Leon asked as they watched Old Murphy wiggle himself out of the stretcher but failed to do since since he's tied all over.

"Sir, you have to come see this." 

Nathan and Leon followed the male inside. All the pieces of furniture are broken. The wooden floorings are bent and scraped as if Old Murphy's been moving heavy things in and out of his house.

"Sir." Leon called out to Nathan from the kitchen.

"Look." Nathan widened his eyes when he saw a black gooey substance on the sink.

"It's blocking Old Murphy's drainage sir. That's why he's complaining." An officer reported.

" Sir Scarrow!" A female officer came in.

"Yes?"

" There's one more complaint sir, the same one as this." She said.

Nathan raised a brow. " Where to?"

"Carter Residence sir."

"Oh that's only three blocks from here, then we'll go to it."

"  Yes sir."

"Kennedy, I want you to get a sample of this God-knows-what and bring this to the research lab pronto."

"Yes sir." Leon answered and Nathan left.

--

(Lunch Time- Mexan' and Texan' Tacos)

Timothee sat in a table for one near the glass windows on the second floor while he waited for his order. Meanwhile, Lilith lazily chatted on the sofa while waiting for Y/n and Jia to arrive.

Lilith Parker:
What do you mean tonight?

Timothee sighed as he pressed on the keyboard.

Timothee:
We can meet tonight.

Timothee:
That museum you wanted to visit.

Lilith sat up.

Lilith Parker:
Sure. What time?

Timothee:
9

Timothee:
See you.

Lilith chewed the insides of her mouth in nervousness.

Lilith Parker:
See you too :)

****