Chapter 42: First Mission

Y/N

"Would you look at that?" Anna propped my phone on her desk, literally internalizing the images displayed from my gallery.

I decided to show her the pictures of the crests I found from an old book back at the greenhouse. Today, I'm leaving for my first mission and Anna is giving me a brief orientation about it. Halfway through the explanation, this thing caught my attention.

"I think I've seen this before." Said Anna. She pushed her glasses up and frowned. "My brother knows about this. But I don't think it's a good idea to approach him."

Maybe that book was just an art book? A vintage art book with... I dunno. Classy crests? Either way, I didn't bug her anymore and just stowed my phone away. That's not the reason I'm down here anyways.

"So? Have you gone through the files?" Anna asked right when her door opened. "Of course."

I looked to my left and saw none other than... Ada.

"Are you doing this mission with her? The pay will be split in half."

Ada raised a brow at Anna. "No? I'm only here for the tea."

To my right is a saucer and teacup with chamomile tea brewed in it. Smells nice though.

"Here's your first file. Read it." Anna opened a folder in front of me.

Name: Unknown Telecommunications Company
Status: Closed
Name of Owner: Unknown
Status: Deceased
Number of deaths: 200
Status: Turned/Mutated

Assigned to: Mena Seagrave

Goddamn.

"The owner was said to be a mold dealer. I don't know what happened next. It's yours to find out." Anna bent down and picked something from below her desk.

"W-wait, 200?" I stuttered. My heart's racing right now.

"If Mena were here, she would say that's too little."
Anna placed the leather suitcase on the table and opened it.

On the center is a gun, beside it are special looking bullets and a rectangular object with blue circular dots on its rear.

"I just know it will be a piece of cake-"

"No Y/n. You need to take this seriously." Anna cut me off making Ada whistle teasingly."The creatures you're facing aren't zombies. They're molded."

" What's a molded?" I asked with my head slightly tilted to the side.

Anna pulled out her phone and started pressing randomly on the screen. It's not like I'm gonna take a peek. Or maybe I am.

"Here. Take a look at this." She gave me her phone.

So that's a molded. Sharp protruding teeth, gooey black body and long claws. It does look soooo far from a zombie. I bet it's stronger than a zombie.

"Why do you have these in the base? And in canisters?" Ada asked suspiciously.

"Experimental purposes." Anna briskly replied.

As soon as Anna yanked her phone, she stood up and her expression turned neutral.

" I'm gonna summarize your mission for you. Your main objective is to clear out the building and find where that idiot hides his mold stash. It usually comes in crates marked with the red umbrella. Here, this is what you need to open the crate. It's a Blue Umbrella Access Key that will light up whenever it's near a crate."

" If the crate is red, why is the key blue?" I'm utterly confused.

" Trust me darling. Anyways, once you're done, bring all its contents back to the base, I'm sure your weave will be able to handle it. I'll be monitoring your mission from the control room. Just stay alert and keep your radio close to you." Anna walked to the back and shuffled through some stuff.