Chapter 87: Dinner is served!

Y/n

To my great astonishment, this wing is designed differently than the other. This bit is my favorite. Royal blue curtains hang over the windows, and the walls are white with gold embellishments. This area of the castle seems cozier to me. I assume the owner feels it's more intimate? 

"Where are we going, and do you know who owns this place?" I quietly asked. 

I kept my tongue quiet because she and her doll didn't respond. We turned left, and she went into a door, so I followed. When we entered, I noticed a large tub in the side appropriate for a giant. The room was a little cramped, with a small rack nearby holding towels. I followed the woman through another door. This one was a little bigger than the other, with closets, sofas, and even a balcony. Two items, though, drew my attention. A crib and a mannequin significantly taller than the wardrobes with the same size dress or gown. I'm guessing it's roughly 9 feet tall. What the hell is going on?

"Strip," the woman instructed. Thankfully, not the doll this time. Her speech was kind but emotionless.

I blinked several times. Is that what I heard? She let go of the doll, which sat on the sofa nearby on its own. Two girls entered at the opposite door. They appeared to be servants and assisted me in taking my clothing off. It's a little strange, but who am I to judge?

 They then left for a moment before returning and escorting me into the room earlier. They helped me climb into the tub, which was now filled with water. Cold water at that. As the two maids rubbed me with delicate soaps and scents and washed me, I stared blankly at the walls. At the same time, I feel like a princess and a prisoner. 

They then carefully cleansed my hair as well. Right now, I can feel how smooth it is. After all of that, they scrubbed my body with towels as I exited the bathtub. We returned to the other room, where the sofa now had clothing on it. And the doll significantly smoothing out the sections that weren't even wrinkled in the first place.

I stood there shivering as the two maids took the fresh undies and handed them to me. It's comforting to know they don't intend to send me out with nothing underneath. Thank goodness my period is over. 

The gown was entirely black and had a plunging neckline. The sleeves are ridiculously long, and the waistline has beads embroidered around it like a belt. I had no choice but to wear it, and they handed me some black closed sandals to match, as well as the duke's hair clip, which I placed between my belt.

I'm not going to lie: I look like a Celtic witch.

The journey back to the dining room was dreadful. Although I'm feeling revived, the loudness that was emanating from the room as we got closer has made me uneasy. The light shining through the windows is rather strong, contrasting the night sky. 

AUTHOR

As two ladies entered, vibrant classical music played in the background. The air was filled with the aroma of new meat and blood. The person wearing a veil entered first and circled the table. When Y/n got a better look at the people who were now seated in the dining, she froze at the entryway.

She turned to see a woman sitting on the edge to her left, clothed in the identical gown she had earlier seen on the mannequin. Her hands were clad in leather gloves, and a flower was elegantly placed next to her chest. She had porcelain-white complexion, but Y/n thought she saw some fractures in the layer of makeup.

She then turned her attention to the three girls seated next to the tall woman. They all wear all-black dresses that are somewhat reminiscent of the woman's outfit but are more gothic and lacey. Additionally, a hood was included with each of their clothes. She merely moved to sit on the other end, distant from them all, as they hadn't initially noticed her.