Chapter 74: Great Balls of Gunpowder

LILITH

"I cooked us dinner. Your favorite." I sat on the bar stools and caressed the intricate design of the glass in my hand. 

"Thanks. I'm  on my way home."  Timothee replied before hanging up the phone. 

I leaned against the counter and sipped from my drink. Just something I came up with out of boredom. Vanilla, blueberries, whipped cream, and milk. Plus ice. I don't know how I came up with this but it's delicious. Along with that, I prepared bagels with hot tamale and raw salmon with a little bit of salt.

"These are fire!" I chimed as I shoved a whole bagel in my mouth. 

Life has been good to me these days. I feel energetic and super foodie. Also,  I've started a website for my clothing brand  but I don't have a name for it yet. Timothee said he'll introduce me to someone who used to tailor Unholy Trinity's armor before. I'm willing to meet them. Or her or him? 

Once I finished the bagels, I went on with the salmon. Gods, I think I'm craving sushi as well. Is this normal? 

Pwing!

A glass from the living room shattered and a vase collided with the floor. 

AUTHOR

"Warning. Warning. Intrusion detected." 

Timothee's gaze switch to  the screen in the middle and with a blink of his eye, the cameras flashed. Soldiers rounded up the entrance of the mansion and there are four armored cars parked outside. The living room's a mess. The sofa and chairs are disarranged, the pots and vases are all over the place and the windows are smashed. 

"Fuck. System." Timothee commanded.

"Welcom, Sir Scarrow. What can I do for you today?" A  female robotic voice sounded from the screen.

"Show camera 1B and 2B." Timothee stepped deeper into the gas and the car accelerated. 

"Camera 1B unavailable. Here's Camera 2B." 

Camera 2B flashed the dining room where Lilith is currently hiding with her phone and a kitchen knife in hand.  It's the only room left untouched save for the second and third floor. Lilith crouched underneath the long table and bit her lower lip to stop herself from crying. 

Timothee took deep breaths and averted his gaze on the road. 

"Lilith." He whispered.

Lilith looked around but no one was there but her.  

"Listen to me, Lilith." 

The redhead balled her eyes out. 

"Don't move." 

"Can't you do something to get me out of here?" Lilith pleaded. 

Timothee took a sharp turn to the left and from a distance, he can already see the roof of his house. 

"I'm sending out some lickers. But you have to get to the kitchen."

"There's someone in the bloody kitchen, Timothee!" Lilith semi-whispered. 

The last thing Timothee heard was a loud bang and Camera 2B went dark. 

-- 

"Come out ginger girl. I promise, I won't bite." 

The sound of Maria's heels sent shivers down the red head's spine. Taunting her each step she takes. Lilith turned her phone off and shoved it inside her pajama's pockets. She followed Maria's feet with her eyes until the woman reached the end of the table. Far from her. Cautiously, Lilith crawled to the other end and pushed aside some chairs quietly and scrambled.