Chapter 23: The Dulvey Incident

Author's POV

The BSAA just returned from an emergency mission outside of the city. The fact that even if you're on break if Chris says assemble you should assmeble. There are three armored cars that entered the gates of Waffenranch. Each with the BSAA logo on either sides of the vehicle. Waffenranch has two gates.  The first one will lead you automatically to the heart of the city which is the Waffenranch Center while the other gate will lead you to the factories. That's where they entered and the first thing you'll see is the sewer systems building surrounded by tanks and pipes.

The first car consisted of Chris, Wicked, Carlos, James, Allen and Lee. They were having a good talk and laugh when Chris saw fire coming from the sewers. There's police cars scattered around the vicinity preventing the nosy citizens from entering. Luckily the firefighters came and took care of the fire. "What the fuck happened here?" Said James. Chris frowned as he stopped the car not too far from the entrance.

He didn't turn off the car as he exit. "Can I come—"

"Stay right there!" Wicked raised his hands in surrender in just one raise of Chris' voice. "Ok. Ok. Geez."

A police officer ran towards Chris. "Sir Redfield!"

"What happened?" Asked Chris.

"Sir we don't know either. The sewers just suddenly exploded right after lunch and people started to come out of their houses saying their drains aren't clogged anymore." The officer explained and he pointed at the nosy citizens ranting to the other officers.

"Have you checked it out?"

The police shook his head. "Alright. I'll take it from here. You guys take these people to safety. Tell them to calm down. And one more thing, entering the sewers is strictly prohibited as per the BSAA captain's orders."

The police nodded and gave Chris a salute before running away to do his business.

"Just what the hell is Chris up to?" Said Allen when he saw Chris wearing a gas mask and entering the sewers.

"Shut up Allen." James gave him a smack to the head.

--

This better not be what I think. Chris' breathing pattern shifted abnormally as he got closer to the heart of the sewers. His shoes crushed against the scattered crystal shards. "Not again." He muttered. Just before he could step on the platform, he saw an arm on the floor with a gun in its grasp. He stopped in his tracks when he familiarized the dark blue sleeve with the logo of Waffenranch embedded on the button sewed to it. "Fuck." Chris widened his eyes to see Nathan's body on the floor with a pool of blood coming from his forehead.

The further he came, his attention shifted to the tall crystalized figures in the middle. "The mayor and. . ." Chris ran his fingers through his hair and covered his mouth. "Veronica."

--

The others grew curious when they saw Chris leave the sewers with long strides and his fists balled. Out of nowhere, he removed his gas mask and threw it to the ground harshly. His face was a mixture of furious and impatient.

"Yo is he okay?" Allen inquired. They all lowered their windows a bit as Chris was kicking the gravel beneath his feet. "I'll go down." James unlocked rhe doors and opened the door to his side. He already had one leg down until Chris yelled. "STAY INSIDE THE FUCKING CAR." James lifted his legs inside and quickly shut the door.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Said Allen. "Whatever it is, it's got to do something with what's in there." Carlos answered to which everybody agreed by nodding. Nobody spoke after that. The soldiers watched in silence.