Chapter 52: Mr. Wilde

LILITH {6 PM}

After a whole sewing shopping spree, I sat down on one of the couches while waiting for Tim. The owner or the old woman was so kind to give me a cup of tea and cheesecakeas I waited. She even lowered the air conditioner's temperature to soothe me. I just found out the girl demonstrating on her YouTube channel is actually her niece. Their business has been going on for almost ten years now and it's a good place for starters.

Ever since I was a young girl, I always wanted to be a fashion designer. But, thanks to the apocalypse it was delayed. I fancy clothes and I wanna make it as my career. It sounds easy but the process is... I don't know. Of course, I have to think about what to name it. How am I gonna get it out in the public. What kind of style will make it stand out. Plus, I need a wide connection in case it will be featured in Fashion Week or something. I need models to walk for it. I haven't told Timothee about it yet. I only said it was a hobby. I mean, it's true though.

Ting-a-ling! The sound of the doorbell rang hinting that someone just came in. I had my back facing the entrance so I haven't seen who entered the shop. Not that I'm interested to look at.

"Good evening madame!" The old woman cheerfully greeted before she went back to her business.

I was busy texting Tim on my phone. He said he's close. I wonder what he's doing back at the "hive" he's talking about. Back at the car, when he accessed the location, I almost had a heart attack. That symbol gave me trauma. Lifelong trauma. I hate it. I hate it with my whole being.

Suddenly, I felt someone's presence behind me. The owner went to the backroom to get something. If I'm being honest, my hairs are all up. Not that I'm suspicious of the woman behind me. Maybe she's just a regular costumer and she fancies a product close to me.

Just a regular costumer, just a regular costumer.

I accidentally raised my phone's volume and perfect timing, it rang. I immediately picked it up 'cause I'm starting to get the creeps.

"H-hello?"

"Lil, I'm near. Pack your bags and wait for me outside."

I abruptly stood up, almost knocking the porcelain vase on the table and picked up my bags in one swift motion. I kept my phone tucked between my shoulder and cheek and went outside. I didn't bother batting an eye at the woman but in my peripheral vision, I saw she has shoulder length blonde hair.

I stood beside a lamp post and checked the right and left to see if there's a creep or a worse, a thief.

You're just being paranoid Lilith. Get it together.

AUTHOR

Timothee arrived at the store and he went out to help Lilith with her bags. While he loaded her stuff, Lilith looked back at the store to see there's nobody left but the old lady in charge. Weird.

"Did you enjoy?" Timothee softly asked.

Lilith looked back to him and shook her head.

"You didn't?" He raised a brow.

Lilith widened her eyes. "No! I did! It's just-"

Timothee chuckled in a teasing matter. The way Lilith was caught off guard sent butterflies in his stomach.

"Just kidding. Get in the car. It's late."

"Okay, okay."

--

7 PM

" Zolton's cooking never fails to amaze me." Samantha did a little dance while chewing the lasagna Zolton made for dinner.